Carbing a Gen2 block: Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbing a Gen2 block: Possible?

The intake ports on the cast iron Gen1 heads, are they the same as the Aluminum Gen2 ones found on the early W-bodies? If they were i was thinking if it was possible to convert the topend to an Edelbrock intake with a 4barrel carb and someone have the ECM only control Spark. Any of this possible? Just an idea i had so i can get rid of the long restrictive intake runners i have and keep my very ported heads.

RE: Carbing a Gen2 block: Possible?

Aluminum and iron heads have very different port configurations unfortunately...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

you could maybe make an adapter for a sidedraft carb to feed the plenum. but you strill need the ecm for ignition,or find a way to get spark without the disributor where it would normaly go. if you wanted to get intersting, you could make a beltdriven distibutor if you got the ratio right, but if it slips a little, your f'd.
      If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

Either make an intake. Or perhaps use a lower portion of an intake and make your own top end plenum to accept a carb.

Is this going in a FWD or RWD vehicle? In a RWD vehicle you can turn the plenum around and will have room to run a Distributor.

But in the end EFI>Carb
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Its for my GP. It was just an idea. I'll just go ahead and do the Gen3 top and sell my heads.

Comment

Yea sounds like a better plan too me.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
            X