my new toy..(up date)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new toy..(up date)

I can't wait to insure the car and try it out.. I'll hopefully get some track times on the 1st..

Im gettin ready for the track too. I ordered traction bars yesterday.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

do you have any pics of your car?

Comment

mmmm nitrous.. good for blowing up motors. or atleast scaring you
        got zap-straps?
        89 Z24
        13.886 @ 96.16 mph
        street trim - slicks

Comment

Is that a regular Dry Zex kit, or did you opt for the wet one?
          Colin
          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
          90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Its just a dry kit... I'd prefer to run wet, but I got a wicked deal on this kit and that was what I could afford at the time... When I get the cash I'll upgrade..

Comment

no blow down tube?

we need one to run at the track here...

Comment

It's on order... I wouldn't have to have one if I had a back seat, but since the car is gutted I do need one to run it at the track..

Unfortunatly I have suffered some problems last night... I tryed it out for the first time.. It was going well for a little bit, till the car cut out after I stopped spraying.. I found dispite my efforts to strap the vacume line to the fpr it still came off.. The car had a bit of a miss once I got it going again driving it home.. I pulled the plugs on it today and found one wasn't in such good shape.. the porcelin had cracked and it looks like that cylinder might have leaned out.. I had a set of plugs of plugs here that I bought a while ago and tossed them in.. The car still has a miss to it but its running a little better.. I am gonna have to do a compression test on the cylinder... I am running a custom burned eprom in the car.. I think that might have to do with the problem, I can't remember for sure but I think my friend who burned it had leaned out the a/f mixture a bit.. I gotta talk to him and see what changes he made again..

Comment

Compression test comfirmed it... I dropped a cylinder... I don't know how bad it is till I rip the motor apart..

Comment

Ahhh, the joys of nitrous...
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
                      Ahhh.. The joys... of NITROUS!! .... I had... ...a leak...
                      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
                        lol... yep.. we live and we learn... I had installed 2 kits this weekend.. My own and one of a friends car... His worked out beautifull... I am just glad the fuck up happend on my car not his...

Comment

Well just an update.. I ripped the top end apart... I torched a piston... I melted part of the crown off on one side..

Comment

Ouch, Guess that dry kit wasnt such a deal now was it.. that sucks man.

sorry to hear.
                            Colin
                            92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
                            90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

nawww.. it still was.. apone pulling apart the rear head as well I found some under lieing problems.. the motor internaly from the get go was ready to let go... There has been problems before with detonation.. I have put the motor threw living hell... from running it out of oil, to running it right out of coolent when my rad went twice and then my water pump went.. the motor should have blown up all ready a couple times... not to mention when I drive it my average shit point is 4500 - 5000rpm..

Comment

Working...
                              X