Big improvement from intake/head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big improvement from intake/head swap

After installing the roller heads w/LS6 valve springs, 3400 lower and upper manifolds onto the 3.1, I noticed a power increase, but I had nothing to base it on. Well my mom has a '95 Cutlass Supreme as well (sedan) and I was driving it today and noticed it felt quite a bit doggy compared to mine. Back when my car was all stock it felt the same. Well I figured let me pull out the Gtech and do a few runs. When stock, I had a best of about 16.8 (I writeoff the trap speed times Gtech displays as always above what it should be. Noticed that with all the cars I've gteched) and an average time of 17.0@83

Took it out tonight and I get these numbers:

1st run: 15.8@92
    2nd run: 16.3@88 (wheelspin)
    3rd run: 16.1@90

Fucking nuts. The only other difference is I have a cone filter on for schits and giggles. In about a week I'll recheck it with the stock box, but still DAMN I didn't think changing those parts would make that big of a difference. Now I gotta see what opening up the exhaust will do. Just wanted to share as proof that the upgrade is definetly worthwhile.
    Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
    3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
    Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
    2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
    TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

RE: Big improvement from intake/head swap

thats amazing. ur getting good times. !!!!!

i'm doing the same but P&P everything. and a cam. already have a 2.5'' catback. i wonder what kind of times i might get. i'm currently getting 16.5 with a huge speaker box in the back.
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

YEah it's just too bad there's no open track to get true numbers from. But I'm really just using it as a guide for comparison. Same car, same Gtech.

I'm going with 2.5" including the downpipe (stock is friggin 2") and cat, after the cat will be 2 1/4 which then splits into dual 2" (GM piping) I just need to prep the dual exhaust bumper, get the cat in the mail, get the downpipe made up, etc
      Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB

Comment

Well it did actually spin up the tires with me in it....Forgot to tell you I was kinda shocked at that....maya
        Lorenzo
        '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
        '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

enyone ever hybrid a 2.8? i know the torque wouldnt be there, but the additional air flow would definatley help that dated motor.
          If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

Re: RE: Big improvement from intake/head swap

Originally posted by gpse3400
            Well it did actually spin up the tires with me in it....Forgot to tell you I was kinda shocked at that....maya
            Yeah! And I did a brake-torque start in the middle of Wm Floyd Pkwy and the wheels wouldn't stop spinning. Then it went into 2nd gear (Thanks to the 440-T4...E) I had to cancel that run. LOL Sheltie.
            Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

Originally posted by Doubt_Incarnate
              enyone ever hybrid a 2.8? i know the torque wouldnt be there, but the additional air flow would definatley help that dated motor.
              As far as a stock 2.8 block goes, you'd probably be the first to do it.
              Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

no, a beretta owner has done the swap onto a 2.8, along with a large shot of nitrous (i wanna say 250 but maybe it was 150-200).
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

You said you installed roller heads? Do you mean just roller rockers? or do you have roller lifters now too. Times look good though.
                  Jordan

Comment

All 3x00's have roller lifters. I installed heads meant for the roller rockers. They have the guides (slots) where the rocker arm bolt goes.
                    Brian

3400 SFI V6, 4T60e

Comment

Working...
                    X