question on what I should do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on what I should do ?

I have a 99 model 3400sfi in my 95 beretta z26 with a 5 speed swap. Ive got the motor and tranny out of the car and have the engine torn apart.

So my question is while its apart what would be some good things to replace? I want to go for the best gains possible so if theres not proof itll help me please dont suggest it. I already have the following things done. Custom headers, poly mounts and bushings, 2 1/2" exhaust, eibach springs, ffp underdrive pulley. What im thinking about doing is getting the heads ported using ls1 springs (dont know exactally what all is required for this), ported upper and lower intake manifolds and I want a 62mm tb but not a bored out unit. I know apoc use to offer a new unit but its not on there site anymore, is it still available? Thats about all I can think of for the engine.

Then theres the tranny. I know the clutch is in need of a upgrade so im open to suggestions on that. I am deffinattly getting a lsd unit. Getting the car to hook off the line was near to impossible before so im sure if I upgrade the engine itll just get worse.

Sorry for such a long post but Im just not wanting to spend money on worthless mods.
    Mods: 3400 sfi , Ffp pulley, wai, flowmaster 40 series, 2 1/2 pipe, 5 speed conversion, 180degree therm. rk sport upper insert, poly dogbone, reworked TOG HEADERS
    1/8th mile 9.386 @ 78.138mph

you could get the cam reground, or get a cam for a gen 2 motor and convert back to flat tappet. if you do that, you can get any cam made for the gen 1 and 2 motors, and there are a lot out there.

for a clutch id look to a bully stage 3. they are a real ausome clutch (supposivly 97% greater coificient of friction over stock).

Comment

Working...
    X