• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket valves

Aftermarket Valves

SIvalves.com

Part number: #SEV-01811 Exhaust Valve 1.42"
    Part Number: #SEV-01929 Intake Valve 1.76"

Found these on the valvetrain guide but nothing is really mentioned about them...

Are these just stock replacements or are there advantages to running them such as lighter weight or better materials or something?

They are lighter, but im not sure if they are better materials. They definetly hold up to high compression and NA, but with a turbo I have no clue how well the exhaust valves will hold up. You may want to ask them what kind of materials they use.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Got this off their website:
      SEV-series valves are priced lower than racing models, yet feature the same premium quality stainless steel forgings, chrome stems stellite tips and swirl-polishing.

Comment

I have them in my s10
        1992 Chevrolet S10
        2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Comment

anyone know how much they cost.. maybe im blind but i didnt see it on the website , or is it something you have to call them for prices on?
          3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

About 123 bucks shipped for a complete set int and exh
            1992 Chevrolet S10
            2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Comment

woah, thats cheap, i would have guessed at least 200$
              3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

Yeah, you lucky bastards with your 12 valves:P Id check out www.ferrea.com if you wanna spend more. Gun drilled valves...drool.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

If these are the same Si valves that the Fiero store sells, and i'd certainly assume that they are, then they're stainless swirl polished valves. I have them in my Formula.
                  Activities Director
                  N.I.F.E.
                  88 Fiero formula 5-speed.
                  modded 2.8 pushrod...for now.
                  www.fierofocus.com

Comment

I haven't checked, but I am guessing they still offer the 1.72 valves along with the new 1.76 intake valves. I know a couple years back the larger sized valves weren't readily available nor priced well without a bulk purchase. I dunno if they offer wholesale pricing to resellers or not but ill have to check into that once I get the store rollin along.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Anyone care to explain why I would want to use these instead of the stock valves? Also, each valve is $10 each, I sent them an email asking about price.

Comment

Are you guys looking for iron head valves, or AL? The gen2/3 heads have valves with 1mm smaller stems. so the ones for the Fiero aren't going to be the same.

Marty
                        '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
                        '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
                        '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
                        '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

Originally posted by sappyse107
                          I haven't checked, but I am guessing they still offer the 1.72 valves along with the new 1.76 intake valves. I know a couple years back the larger sized valves weren't readily available nor priced well without a bulk purchase. I dunno if they offer wholesale pricing to resellers or not but ill have to check into that once I get the store rollin along.
                          I sent them an email last year asking for prices (when I had money to start building a motor), and they still had the 1.72's for . They quoted me like $7 a piece intake, $6 a piece exhaust, I think
                          Robby Whitesell
                          2006 Pontiac G6 GT
                          1985 Toyota Pickup DLX

Comment

Working...
                          X