Performance input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance input needed

Hello everyone I am pretty new to the forum.I just got a 3100 for my 88 5spd fiero and I am just finishing the tear down on it.I have done some reading here and the 3100 I have is from a 95 monte.Got a pretty good deal I think on a 35,000k engine.So my goal squeeze 200 to 210 hp out of this engine. Possible?
    Does anyone have pictures of the S&S headers.I want to see if they'll work with my setup.Izu 5spd tranny. 17hp here correct?
    Realistically how much gain would be had by roller rockers? 5-6hp?
    Where on the engine next would I look to squeeze some more hp?
    Larger Throttle Body? 5-10hp?

Any help would be great.I want to decide on my engine changes before I send my memcal to get programed.

get the 2000+ heads and intake
    I Like V660s
    Does Chevy make beer
    ~Jayme~

Comment

Do I need both upper and lower intakes? The difference in the heads are larger exhaust ports and roller rockers correct.I can get those from both the 3400 and 3100's correct?

Comment

All 3400 and 00+ 3100 upper and lower are identical. 93-99 3100 are identical. BUT, a 93-99 3100 uppe/lower will NOT bolt to a 3400 lower/upper. So you must match those.

All 3400 and 00+ 3100s have roller rockers and larger intake valves. 94-95 3100 heads have stamped rockers. 96+ 3100 heads have roller rockers. All of the heads have the exact same size D-shaped exhaust port.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

So I just need the upper and lower from a 2000 + 3100or3400 and the heads.Then I just need to get the adapter in order to use the older style egr correct.What are the approx gains on the top end swap anyone know?
          Did I also read somewhere that the Throttle body from the 3400 is larger and will bolt to the 3100 intake?

Does anyone have pictures of the S&S headers.Very interested in this bolt on if it will work on my application.I have some reserves about the crossover if it uses one.Can anyone help me with a pic?

Comment

-Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Wow those things stick out alot.Does anyone know how far they stick out at the bottom in reference to the bottom of the oil pan?Okay so I have the headers the gen III 2000+ top end anywhere else I can look for xtras hp.without new cam .

I am using the OBDI 730 computer .If there is anything else LMK
              THanks a bunch.

Comment

Working...
              X