Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reversing the Upper Plenum on a 2001 3400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing the Upper Plenum on a 2001 3400?

From the looks of Pics I've seen, the upper plenum on the '99 and up 3400 would bolt on backwards. has anyone tried this before. I dropped the DOHC plans, and am after a 3400 for my spitfire. My throttlebody HAS to come from the other end, for my laterally mounted engine.

I am not sure, it should bolt up, if not :

11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
    10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

yes it will bolt on backwards
      3.4L camaro some goodies

Comment

Man, that will be super cool if it does. That will alleviate a load of fabbin'. Thanks guys.............Quintin

Comment

Here's some pictures of the thing you are talking about:

sg99
          He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

Comment

You need to turn the upper AND lower around. Yuu will want the thermostat in the front aswell.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Your right, the lower would have to be turned also. It's funny, the picture of the complete Motor/Tranny setup doesn't show the swap, but the close-ups do. I bet thats gonna be an electrical funhouse. But I geuss all I would have to do is plug the injectors in for their prespective spot.

Comment

i thought the water pump attached to the LIM on 3X00 engines
                I Like V660s
                Does Chevy make beer
                ~Jayme~

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfessor
                  i thought the water pump attached to the LIM on 3X00 engines
                  Nope. Attaches to the front cover.
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I will be using the Killerbv6 timing cover, along with they're water pump. It's expensive, but necessary. It uncovers the motor a little, kinda gives it a Micro-V8 look. After I cut, grind, and re-weld the original 3400 exhaust manifolds to fit my triumph, hopefully I can find some sidepipes that will bolt up. About the only thing I haven't figured out is the correct clutch for combo of #1-94 2.2l 5sp bell, #2- 85 mustang t5 w/ 10 spine input shaft, and #3- still using the hydro-clutch.

Comment

One from a 60* V6 S-10 will do the trick for you. I dont think the T5's had different input shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou
                        One from a 60* V6 S-10 will do the trick for you. I dont think the T5's had different input shafts.
                        There are a few different input splines for the T-5. S-10 660 is different from S-10 4.3, which is different from Ford V8 T-5 (Which I beleive there was also a few variations just for the Ford V* T-5), which is different from the Ford V6 T-5, etc.

Comment

I think what I'll try to do is find a t-5 from the 94 or 95 that was stock for that bellhousing, that way, I can use the stock clutch parts. All I will have to do then is have the flywheel bolt holes matched to the new clutch by a machine shop. AND, make sure I've got the right pilot bearing...........Sound Good?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven
                            Originally posted by betterthanyou
                            There are a few different input splines for the T-5. S-10 660 is different from S-10 4.3, which is different from Ford V8 T-5 (Which I beleive there was also a few variations just for the Ford V* T-5), which is different from the Ford V6 T-5, etc.
                            The 4.3L never used the T5 did it? I though it started in 88 with the NV line of trannies. But Camaro's did use T5's behind their V8's so that would be just like a 4.3L one if it did exist.

Comment

My concern is the spline count. The teeth in the clutch plate must match the spline of the input shaft. I have read that the 80's and early 90's input shafts used primarily 10 spline shafts. They were alledgedly shorter than they're '93 and up counterparts. I read somewhere that ford went back to a longer shaft at some point, or some applications. I have never seen one, so I don't know for sure. That's just what I've read in the last few months, researching this 3400/spitfire swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X