Oil Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Cooler

Is there one I can scanvange off of a car or atleast one that came on a car that I could get from my store autozone?

and do the cars that came with it have that special adapter that screws onto the oil filter relocator, or do I need to T off of something?

You should be able to buy an aftermarket one and use it. It will more than likely come with and installation kit as well. I don't know if Autozone will carry them, but you can get them for very cheap through most any parts catalog.

Comment

the Olds Silhouette vans came with Engine oil coolers, they were a Coolant style cooler, however they use a special Coolant waterpump bypass pipe for the one line, and the other goes right into one of the block's tapped holes.

the cooler fits right onto the stock oil filter location. needs the special bolt that mounts it.

But, i would just get an aftermarket oil cooler setup.
      Colin
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
      90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

we have several different ones at advance. havent heard any complaints from customers.
        \m/ Carlton \m/
        99 formula cam only 6.0, 440rwhp, 4500 stall, dana 60
        03 silverado hd
        sigpic

Comment

Cool thanks for all the input. I used my GFs credit card and ordered a Perma-cool oil filter adapter with inlet.outlet ports. I'm gonna get some fittings and hose and use this trans cooler I've had sitting around for a while.

<----- FYI TroublesomeZ24 from v6z24 and domesticcrew

Comment

Working...
          X