I sure someone asked this before??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure someone asked this before??

If someone can lead me to a list of part required to update and or modify a 3.1L MFI to the newer style lower and upper intakes.

I sure that I would have to retro fit something.

Are the cylnder heads similar?? or completly different.
    I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

-Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

All you want is the intakes and not the heads??? Yes, the intakes are better, but the biggest difference about them are the heads. The 3X00 heads are SIGNIFICANTLY better flowing heads. I think a lot of porting needs to be done to make that work, but it seems to me like it would be less work to just do a topend swap...you would still need to change all the same stuff as a topend with the intakes so why not? The only other thing you would have to change is the exhaust manifolds.

IIRC someone has done it before, but its not worth it IMO.

Shawn
      90 Grand Prix STE 3.1 Intercooled Turbo-3100 Hybrid
      K&N, Magnaflows, No Cat, Chip, FFP Pulley, H260 Cam, No EGR.
      99 Grand Prix GT
      K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM
      12.665 @ 110.44 w/2.018 60', STREET TIRES, PUMP GAS!

Comment

well since my 3.1 has over 160k, and well some of the work that was done to it by Law Motor (like totally fuced the lower manifold). Prices around here are similar for the years stated.

I managed to find a mexicono branded and built lower for 15 dollars. I have been comparing prices and the cost is not much different over newer style uppers and lowers.

I have had the lower mani and upper intake off before, but man the mechs at Law fub ups did a number to the manifold.

I would consider heads. I am not looking for performance, a better breathing engine not only aids perf, but also economy. Since I have modded my euro engine for economy perf not street perf.
        I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Working...
        X