piston ring install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston ring install

i bought a set of piston rings, installed them, oil ring oil ring spacers and the 2 compression rings, now i know the compression rings have a dot which needs to face upward, and the other compression rings dont which i guess could mean go either way.. but the ones with the dot have a lil angle to them i guess to scrap the cylinder wall, does that one go into the second piston ring groove or first (top)? or it dont matter as long as its facing up? i have it set up the rings with the dots and angle r facing up and installed in the 1st groove top top the ones without the dot in the 2nd groove, and then of course the oil ring.. m i right or wrong?

Call the manufacturer. You gonna trust joe shmo off the internet to tell you what he could only guess?

My rings had the dot on the top ring and yes face up but please. Call your manufacturer if its not in the instructions!!!!!
    1992 Chevrolet S10
    2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Comment

the packaging for the rings should have "#1 compression" and "#2 compression" rings written on them. #1 is the top ring, and #2 is the lower compression ring. it should also have as to what part of the ring goes "UP" shown on the packaging for the rings as well.

and as 614 streets said. contact the manufacturer.
      Colin
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
      90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Working...
      X