Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headers for a van?

im looking at s and s headers or OBX for my van

and it looks like it will fit but just wondering, anyone know for a fact? or am i gonna have to try it out and see for myself?

it seems aslong as its a 3.4 it should fit engine bays look pretty identical (montana vs grand am vs silhouette vs alero)

any info or suggestions greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Jordan
    2004 Grand Prix G.T.P T-72 Turbo 28PSI,BS cam.581WHP Sold..
    2009 G8 GT Cam,meth,cutouts,tune,LT's 420.1whp
    2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Intake,Tune,Built Trans

the only real concern i would have is the difference in transmissions.... the vans had a 4T60E/4T65 while the N-bodies had the 4T45. not sure if you would run into a clearance issue there.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      the only real concern i would have is the difference in transmissions.... the vans had a 4T60E/4T65 while the N-bodies had the 4T45. not sure if you would run into a clearance issue there.
      sounds like i might have to make a crossover pipe maybe... and maybe bend where the header meets said crossover (over the trans)

is a 4t65 much taller than a 4t45

btw i feel for all you 4t45 users must be tuff making power with that shiz

guess ill have to invest in some headers and try it out!
      which header is the best sealing to the the cylinder head? i do not like leaks!!!

thanks again
      Jordan

Comment

some comparison pics.

it was difficult to find the correct bellhousings on both, but this should give an idea of size/placement differences. no idea how shift cables would play into this though.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Which headers should i try ? S&s togs or obx?

Which is best?

Comment

I'm interested in putting headers on my 99 silhouette. I'm about to do the head gaskets and it sounds like the perfect time. Now you have me worried with the transmission differences.
            Looking at the e-bay pictures, the OBX system looks better than the Pacesetter, but OBX incorporates the crossover pipe in the header. Pacesetter seems to have a separate crossover that would be easier to modify if we need transmission clearance.
            If I dive in I'll probably try the pacesetter system based only on the style. I'd like to see more on the tube and flange thickness before I whip out the check book.

Comment

don't bother with pacesetter.... unless you like neverending header leaks, anyways.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                don't bother with pacesetter.... unless you like neverending header leaks, anyways.
                Where to they go wrong? Head, collector, slip joints? I admit my header experience stops at RWD V-8s from the 70s. The head flanges on the pacesetter look a lot thicker than some of the ones I've dealt with, I'd think they'd be easier to get sealed than an old set of Headmans.

Comment

from what i understand, everywhere... but especially the collector.
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Pacesetter are garbage. Especially for the money.

A lot of people talk bad about OBX but I put am entire stainless system(headers all the way back) on my 94 BMW 325i.

The fit was spot on. It sounded amazing and the quality was 10x that of any pacesetter product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X