high lift rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high lift rockers

After a long time and a lot of looking, i finally found a company that makes high lift rockers for the 2000 and later 60 degree engine. I don't know much right now, other than there pretty expensive, and there not like the 3800 stock rocker with the relocated push rod cup. i think there more like a aluminum race rocker, maybe someone that reads this can put together a group buy or whatever for a better price.

Well dont bring it up and not give out all the info. Its like getting candy out and not having enough to go around. lol

Comment

are you talking larger than 1.6?

The Crane gold race rockers seem to get used often, they're 1.6 and around $350 for the set. There is a 1.7 for a little cheaper but they'd need to be test fitted
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

rockers

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
        are you talking larger than 1.6?

The Crane gold race rockers seem to get used often, they're 1.6 and around $350 for the set. There is a 1.7 for a little cheaper but they'd need to be test fitted
        The only reason i didn't give the name of the company, i wanted to see how many guys would ask, just trying to see how much interest, apparently not much. the name tech@tdmach the email i got back was from a sheldon miller. I was told ratios up to 2.00-1. other than that i don't know much.

Comment

T&D have been around a real long time. They can make anything you need but your obviously going to pay for it. Even if you get 50 sets sold they will most likely run you a $1000 for a bolt on set.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I was told 560.00 a set.

Comment

That should be 650.00 a set

Comment

Nobody has anything to say about those rockers, after 138 looks.

Comment

When I looked into a ratio change it was worth about 17hp PEAK and that was only in a simulation so to me that's not worth 650... Also without seeing that these rockers do exist or this company will really make them it's hard for people to jump in head first with only a price and an e-mail reply from one person there.

Got Lope?
                  3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                  Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                  Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                  12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Most people here have stopped holding their breath for promises of amazing new products. There have been many posts of people with big product announcements that never turned up in the end. Even when the rare one makes it, people often fail to hand over their cash and the person who did all the work to bring it to market gets discouraged.

No doubt you can get a set of rockers made. But when you have a set in your hands an accurate final cost the I am sure you will get much more interest. But if T&D makes a set but does not come up with a part number and every set becomes custom with a 2 month wait, then not many will sell.

Comment

Thats some good points, its a lot of money for rockers, seeing as the 3800 guys can buy those modified stockers a lot cheaper and do the same thing, can someone tell me why there aren't any modified stockers for the 60 degree guys

Comment

Modified in what way? To get more lift you need to machine the pushrod cup closer to the fulcrum. Not sure it is possible on the stock casting.

Comment

Working...
                        X