Four grand?!

Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsVince725 View Post
      Four grand?!

Yikes!
      Pick two qualities out of three

Powerful - Reliable - Inexpensive

Honestly, Nitrous is roughly $2 per/lb....no reason to not have the boost all the time. Probably the ONLY bolt on kit available except for custom turbo/super kits sold by users abroad.

How much time do you have for this boost project? how much $$$ can you toss into it?
      Last edited by TGP37; 11-08-2012, 02:01 PM.
      1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
        Pick two qualities out of three

Powerful - Reliable - Inexpensive

Honestly, Nitrous is roughly $2 per/lb....no reason to not have the boost all the time. Probably the ONLY bolt on kit available except for custom turbo/super kits sold by users abroad.

How much time do you have for this boost project? how much $$$ can you toss into it?
        I've got a lot of time...but currently no money.

Comment

I still say turbo is the way to go for you, you'll have that much work and more in trying to make a supercharger work.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

I suggest turbo for fwd as well. At least then you can get some traction before pouring on the power, and with the weight shift cars go through on launch it can be beneficial.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

For the above reasons and there is a lot more experienced help with turbo install versus SC install. I always see a lot more custom turbo installs versus custom SC installs.
              1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

For the above reasons and there is a lot more experienced help with turbo install versus SC install. I always see a lot more custom turbo installs versus custom SC installs.
                I don't know how to weld, so I would probably have to purchase at least a manifold from someone who does.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsVince725 View Post
                  I don't know how to weld, so I would probably have to purchase at least a manifold from someone who does.
                  Turbo manifolds pop up every so often in the buy/sell section.

Though, getting a welder and learning to at least tack weld plus cutting steel pipe/sheet is a valuable skill. It's not too hard though it definitely takes practice.

Comment

Turbo manifolds pop up every so often in the buy/sell section.

Though, getting a welder and learning to at least tack weld plus cutting steel pipe/sheet is a valuable skill. It's not too hard though it definitely takes practice.
                    Yeah, I plan on becoming a mechanic but I've still got a long, long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X