high lift rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high lift rockers

Is there anywhere to get a set of high lift rockers for a v-60 gen 111. I got 60 degree heads coming, and a set of rockers would be nice.

No such thing.
    Factory Gen 3 stamped steel rockers are 1.6 ratio, and there are no drop-in aftermarket replacements.
    Matt
    2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
    3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

Free Shipping - Scorpion LS Race Series Rocker Arms with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Rocker Arms at Summit Racing.

I wonder if these would work if you put studs in the heads?
      Last edited by ericjon262; 10-28-2012, 08:23 PM.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

HMMMM!

Get fast, Free Standard Shipping on orders over Summit Racing Equipment from $109 -- no shipping, handling, or rural fees! Exclusions apply.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

No those Scorpion rockers will not work. They are made to bolt to a pedestal on an LS motor. I doubt the stud to stem distance is the same since a Gen I or II Small Block rocker arm will not work on a Gen III or IV Small Block.

What you could do is track down a narrow body Small Block Chevy rocker arm with a 1.65 or 1.7 ratio and mount them on conversion studs with Gen II V6 Guide Plates and a set of hardened pushrods. I know Harland Sharp makes a 1.65 ratio set but I do not know if they will work for sure it is just a theory. I successfully bolted on a set of Crane Gold Race 1.6 roller rockers on a 3400 with conversion studs and some LIM clearancing. I know for sure that COMP Camp Pro Magnum narrow body rockers wont fit a 60 degree V6 motor because the trunion is too wide.
          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

well, I am more looking at this because I am running a larger cam, and way tougher springs. I feel having a roller tip would make a difference. on a stock motor though, I don't see it being worth anything.

Gen 2 guideplates fit the 3500 heads? time to got to the J/Y!

Comment

I've done it on a 3400. 3500 I am not 100% sure but I don't believe they changed the valve angles or spacing. If you have a high performance cam already they you may just want to get the Crane Rockers since they will fit for sure with the right studs and guide plates.
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

The guides don't fit direct on 3500 heads, they will need to be milled. The 3500 ports were raised a lot and interfere with them.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  The guides don't fit direct on 3500 heads, they will need to be milled. The 3500 ports were raised a lot and interfere with them.
                  but it is possible to make them work?

Comment

Yes. When you test fit them, you will see what needs to be removed.
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

10-4, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X