Why does the carb tilt to the Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the carb tilt to the Front

S10 manifold with a Weber 38 sitting on it. Just curious mainly as to why it made that way? Thanks
    Attached Files

The engine sits tilted in the truck, so installed the carb will be leveled.

Comment

So. If this is going into a MGB. I need to install this tilted forward making the carb level? What are the issues if installed as pictured? Thanks for the reply!!!!!

Comment

The Stock S-10 manifold has a 4* angle between the top and bottom. When sitting in the vehicle the engine is lower in the back versus the front. This makes the carb sit level. The reason for this is to reduce drive line angle.

It will make a difference if you don't have the carb sitting level. But you could always adjust the float level to compensate.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

The best thing would be to have the carb level and the driveline at the correct angle.

Comment

I would install the engine as needed in the car and then make a spacer on top of the manifold with the angle needed to level the carb.

Comment

First of all BIG THANK YOU for the picture. I've been looking all over the internet trying to figure out whether the S10 intake has a slant to it. Now I know. Apparently it does have a 4 degree slant.

So knowing this there is a few options you can use to fix this issue provided you're using it on a FWD vehicle and don't want to have it sitting sideways.

Issues = It looks odd and apparently starves the engine of fuel on hard turns.

Solutions:

1) Mill intake down to make it flat (may not have enough material to mill down)
              2) Insert spacer that compensates for the 4 degree slant (may touch the hood)
              3) Use a FWD carb intake off an 82-84 FWD car (which has no slope) See pick below. FWD 2.8 Carb cars:
              1982–1984 Buick Skylark, Olds Omega, Pontiac Phoenix, Chevrolet Citation, Pontiac 6000
              4) Drive as is

BTW love the headers. What are the specs (pipe diameter, etc.) and also do you have a link to your build?
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X