lifters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keoki1978 View Post
    Hey NateD4, I posted a while ago under general discussion but since you got the 3900, you should see if the LSX lifters will fit your block. I know that the 3900 has DOD just like the LSX engines do, so what are the chances that GM would spend all that money to design 2 different DOD lifters for 2 different engines. I was thinking the same thing bout the vvt 3500 since it has a smaller stroke, those lifters and 8000 rpm's isn't far away.
    When GM is making a few hundred thousand of something if they can make the lifter shorter or move a hole to save cost they will even if that means several thousand dollars (or more) in engineering.

Anyone have a set of LSX lifters I could try?

Comment

Originally posted by NateD4 View Post
      When GM is making a few hundred thousand of something if they can make the lifter shorter or move a hole to save cost they will even if that means several thousand dollars (or more) in engineering.

Anyone have a set of LSX lifters I could try?
      I bought a set of LS7 lifters, and there's nothing special about the insides of them compared to a set of 60* lifters aside from the springs, nothing appearing to be ceramic at least.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

well, they're done!

The LSX springs are beyond a shadow of a doubt have a higher rate than the 60* springs, My only concern is that the bind height is also taller, I haven't measured it, but it is taller (more coils)
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
        X