lifters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifters?

I've heard 3x00 lifters are different from V8 lifters, any truth to that?
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Yes.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Yes.
      so, different as in non compatable? if so, what are the differences?
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Bore is different, and possibly the length.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

10-4, I'll measure them when I pull them for my cam swap and post up my findings.

Comment

The OD is the standard Chevy 0.842. So a small block lifter will fit the hole but you need to determine how the oil band will interface with the oil galley and lifter bore limits. You also need to ensure the anti rotation device is compatible.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Are you sure its gonna fit the hole? I can't believe after 10+ years of doing this shit, I wouldn't know that the SBC lifters work for these engines.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yep, same lifter bore.

I dropped some LT-1 lifters into mine to check out the oiling. Not going to work. They're too tall and the oiling hole lifts out past the block.
                Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Bench grinder time

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                  91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                  92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                  94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                  Originally posted by Jay Leno
                  Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                    Yep, same lifter bore.

I dropped some LT-1 lifters into mine to check out the oiling. Not going to work. They're too tall and the oiling hole lifts out past the block.
                    interestingly enough, the lifters I have are LT1 lifters...

do the guts from the lifters fit each other? I've got a set of comp "magnum" lifters that I was going to use on my LT1 that are now collecting dust...

Comment

Just throw in stock good lifters, and be done with it. I'm speaking from experiance.
                      If your sticking with stock rockers, go get a set of 10 MM and drill and tap for them while the heads are out of the block.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                        Are you sure its gonna fit the hole? I can't believe after 10+ years of doing this shit, I wouldn't know that the SBC lifters work for these engines.
                        I believe I said that to you after replying to this thread, but didn't want to give false info. We knew the ltx and lsx were not drop in since we use the guts to improve the 660 roller lifters and was sure the length/oiling was different but figured the info would come through.

The cam bores in the block and the lifter bores match SBC, I use a SBC tool to install cam bearings and know the BBC lifters can work in a 660 when honed to size. The midget racers use BBC lifters, rocker arms and push-rods in their cars. Know that stuff needs block/head modifications, but wasn't 100% on the SBC stuff.
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

I'd post up the measurements but about a few weeks ago i threw out all my extra lifter parts.
                          Past Builds;
                          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                          Current Project;
                          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

All GM motors use 0.842" diameter lifters. Some Oldsmobile engines had huge 0.921" lifters, which is bigger than Mopar lifters which are often regarded as the classic engines with big lifters that are able to support aggressive cams. Of course this doesn't matter any more since roller cams are the norm.

So if you have the time you may be able to track down a roller lifter that will drop in and either offer better performance through a hydraulic lifter or switch to a solid lifter.

One interesting upgrade might be to see if new GM Ceramic Check Ball lifter guts could be retrofitted into 660 roller lifters. These lifters offer performance over 7000RPM LS motors.
                            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
                              All GM motors use 0.842" diameter lifters. Some Oldsmobile engines had huge 0.921" lifters, which is bigger than Mopar lifters which are often regarded as the classic engines with big lifters that are able to support aggressive cams. Of course this doesn't matter any more since roller cams are the norm.

So if you have the time you may be able to track down a roller lifter that will drop in and either offer better performance through a hydraulic lifter or switch to a solid lifter.

One interesting upgrade might be to see if new GM Ceramic Check Ball lifter guts could be retrofitted into 660 roller lifters. These lifters offer performance over 7000RPM LS motors.
                              that might be an interesting one to check...

Comment

Working...
                              X