X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD 1.5 Tuning/ Fuel Options

Ok so here is the deal, i have a 1995 beretta (l-body) with an OBD 1.5

I took out the 3100 and put in a 3400 with the following engine mods,

01' LA1, Ported & Polished LIM, LX9 Ported and Polished UIM, L36 Injectors, LX5 65mm Throttle Body, Cold Air Intake, High Flow Cat, FULL 2.5" Exhaust, Highflow Cat, Magnaflow XLTurbo Dual Tip Stainless Muffler, 8.2mm Taylor ThunderVolt Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, EGR Delete.

So far the computer has done well fixing the fuel ect making it idle and drive nice,
    but soon I want to put headers on from WOT-TECH.

I have been told that i will not benefit much from headers unless i tune ect
    Is this true?

I know nothing about fuel/tuning,

What are my tuning/fuel options?
    Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator?
    OBD2 Swap?
    Other Options?

I want to know what is easiest and or cheapest
    As well as which is safest and most reliable for my engine.
    And also which will result in the most power from my engine.

Thanx in advance!

There will be some gains but you won't see the most an upgrade can give you unless the computer is tuned for it. An OBD2 swap is probably the best option. The next best option is 'downgrading' to OBD1. After that there's the option keeping the existing computer but transferring injector and spark control to an aftermarket computer like megasquirt. I don't recommend the last option if you're the slightest bit uncomfortable with splicing wires though as there's a lot required.

AFPR's are limited as they either increase or decrease fueling across the whole range. You can dial in a good air:fuel ratio at full throttle but may end up running rich everywhere else.
    1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Working...
    X