No announcement yet.

3500 into 80 Chevy Monza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another question I thought of. Since I am starting from scratch, is there any reason I cannot simply utilize the 3500 fuel rail and injectors, hook up a regulator with a return line before the rail, and splice the wiring on the OBD1 harness into the pigtails that fit on the 3500 injectors? The yard I got the motor from just cut the harness, and I have got all of the pigtails on the injectors, and most of them on all the other sensors.
    Thanks
    Roy

Comment

That all sounds good.

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

still might be easier to just robb a 3400, 15 minutes to pull the rail, vs modifying a fuel rail and buying parts to modify it. as far as a harness, if you wanted to go to a OBDII, a W body car is very easy to rob the engine harness, as in a montecarlo or impalla. i know exactly what you would need off a beretta off hand

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Hi there!

The last year OBD-1 Cavalier was 1994. It used a 1227730 variant (16196404) ECM, running $A1 code. If you're willing to buy OBD-II tuning software, there are plenty of newer 3x00 PCMs that are supported in the aftermarket.
          1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
          2006 Pontiac Solstice

Comment

Working...
          X