• Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you tried win aldl?
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I haven't, but it wasn't on their list of acceptable cars. I'll try it out.
      1995 3.4 Camaro: headers, cold air intake, catback, ignition upgrades, suspension mods...

Comment

I took it to a friend who has shop, he was able to look and the sensors and stuff. He said the cam position sensor was screwed up (jumping around and not matching rpm). I replaced that sensor but it's still not working right. I'm taking it back to him tomorrow to double check.

Is running megasquirt parallel with my stock ecm(to control the trans and stuff) a good option for tuning?
        1995 3.4 Camaro: headers, cold air intake, catback, ignition upgrades, suspension mods...

Comment

Yes, on a scanner the cam sensor will look quite awful due to the relatively slow update rate of most scanners. It's not actually real time. You are seeing a number the PCM generated as a monitor of what it is seeing. You would need to use a live multi channel scope using #1 secondary for the trigger while you monitor the cam sensor waveform. When you rebuilt your engine, did you replace the camshaft?

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread. Now I have to catch up. Glad to see another F Body.
            If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86FieroSEv6 View Post
              Yes, on a scanner the cam sensor will look quite awful due to the relatively slow update rate of most scanners. It's not actually real time. You are seeing a number the PCM generated as a monitor of what it is seeing. You would need to use a live multi channel scope using #1 secondary for the trigger while you monitor the cam sensor waveform. When you rebuilt your engine, did you replace the camshaft?
              The scanner he used looked pretty legit, I'll ask him about it and try to hook up a laptop.

It's the original camshaft.

It's a Matco pro scan plus.
              Last edited by Jonsgreasemonkey; 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

How are the cams aligned in these engines? I think I put the cam backing plate (The domed piece on the back of the block) With the dome out. Is that correct? Are these engines self aligning? Are there spacers or shims that should have gone in?

Comment

Last time I had the car on the dyno we noticed the Drivers Side rear axle was bent. The tuner said that could be screwing with the dyno results (Its a chassis dyno not a roller). I'm going to swap the rear end with a 3.42 posi. It couldn't hurt. Plus it was disc brakes.

Comment

Hello Alex!

His best friend is also my best friend and the last I knew he's going to put a built 5.3 in there.
                    2003 Grand Am GT Ram Air
                    -Magnaflow High Flow Cat
                    -Flowmaster 80
                    -Brembo Brakes

Comment

Hahaha, I guess I should up date this a little bit... Found the problem. the cam was worn out, so no lift, no power, no rpm. the solution?

Click image for larger version

Name:	420403_10150680660389875_589554874_9239699_941386966_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	377116

5.3. Sorry folks, I've betrayed the 60* v6. If someone want the 3.4 motor and trans let me know. Its for sale. 500 bucks if someone wants to pick it up. (in Austin TX), trans was rebuilt about 15,000 miles ago and shifted fine.

Comment

You know, with the engine bay clean there really is a lot of room in there. Everything makes it a damn cluster fuck. I hated changing plugs on my LT1 until I got long tubes.
                        2003 Grand Am GT Ram Air
                        -Magnaflow High Flow Cat
                        -Flowmaster 80
                        -Brembo Brakes

Comment

Looks good. Flat cams were not un common on the 3.4L. Good thing you figured it out. If you did not live so far away I would take your whole 3.4L package you got there. But I bet shipping costs what you are asking.
                          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                          X