No announcement yet.

3.4 camaro, new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when there was a point in time i was looking for a lt1 intake, is was pretty much impossible. another option is getting a TB and a flange from a DOHC 3.4 from in a lumina. i made an adaptor from what i had actually removed with a hammer from the wrecker lol

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

you shouldn't just gut the cat, that actually hurts flow and performance, should either replace it with a high flow cat or a straight pipe
      sigpic
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390342...evrolet-camaro

Comment

It's sure better than it was. but I do have a high flow cat on order.

Here's the update:
        I gutted the cat, and it actually drives like a 3.4 now. It makes the same power at 3/4(ish) throttle as it does at wot, not less; and it doesn't smell like raw fuel all the time. I'll putting it on the dyno this week for a base line. Then over spring break I'll weld the intake. I'm going to use the stock 3.4 TB and fuel injectors first. Once I get it running i'll swap bigger injectors and a bigger tb.

Then there's only one problem, the tune.
        1995 3.4 Camaro: headers, cold air intake, catback, ignition upgrades, suspension mods...

Comment

Back from the dyno take 2. Gutted cat, K&N cone filter.
          The air fuel ratio was correct, I gained 10hp, but the Graph goes DOWN. It did however rev all the way to redline and shift, it wouldn't even do that before.

1995 3.4 Camaro: headers, cold air intake, catback, ignition upgrades, suspension mods...

Comment

I wish I could dyno after each mod lol

93 Firebird 3.4
            Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR,Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Custom Cam, Holley FPR, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's & Disk Brakes.
            Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com

Comment

It's nice having friends. It still costs money but I work it into the cost.

How do you like your 3.42 gears? I was looking at getting some 3.73's. I think my rear axle bent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsgreasemonkey View Post
                It's nice having friends. It still costs money but I work it into the cost.

How do you like your 3.42 gears? I was looking at getting some 3.73's. I think my rear axle bent.
                they're all right...nothing to brag about.. I'd rather have some 3.73's.

93 Firebird 3.4
                Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR,Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Custom Cam, Holley FPR, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's & Disk Brakes.
                Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com

Comment

Have you considered using a large single exhaust? Never doubt the power of the scavenge effect on medium size engines. When under vehicle clearance is an issue making dual exhaust necessary, you might consider anti-reversion cones at the exhaust ports.

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

It has pacesetter headers that merge into a 2.5" intermediate pipe. then it splits at the muffler.

I just remembered that I didn't replace my timing chain when I rebuilt the motor. Could a loose chain cause this issue? It's got 125,000 miles on it.

Comment

This is a perfect occasion to invoke the magic DUH . . . .

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

To the timing chain?

Comment

wouldnt a sloppy timing chain hurt bottom end and better top end?

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Theoretically if the engine is tuned right, but doesn't the computer give spark off the cam? or would the computer compensate for the retarded timing and advance the spark?

Comment

No spark is dependent on crank position. A dyno graph does not tell much of the story. It is nice to know you are making power and in this case more than last time but a data log is a million times more helpful in this situation.
                              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

What is the best way to data log a 95 OBD 1.5? I can't even find a scanner that works, or get Tuner Pro to connect properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X