msd wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msd wiring

does anybody have a good clear diagram to wire in a dis-4 box for a 3400?
    [SIGPIC]
    12.268@117... 11's to come!
    turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
    ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

i would also like this if anyone has it.

Comment

I do. I just took my MSD out though because I was tired of the reliability issues. Don't know if it was actually an issue with just the coils or the adapters or what... my DIS4 still works fine, but I had two coils go bad on me and had carbon scoring/melting at the contacts for the coil adapters. Had to get my car towed home twice and got fed up with them so I just yanked the whole system since the stock ignition is strong enough for all but the most extreme builds. Both times it happened it was raining really hard so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Didn't see any water up under the hood by the ignition, but regardless... I need the car to keep working properly even if it's raining since I live in FL.

Anyway, if you think you really wanna tackle it, you'll need the DIS4 and three of the GM coil pack adapters. Each adapter has four wires coming out the back. White, black, black, white. Those are positive and negative for each coil post. You hook up the colored wires from the main DIS4 harness to those. And if there is ever a problem with the DIS itself, you unplug it and put a bypass plug in the harness and it just loops back and runs like normal. This doesn't help of course if you have a bad coil, as I found out.

Starting from the left (facing the engine)
      cylinder 5: white to orange/brown and black to red.
      cylinder 2: black to yellow and white to yellow/brown.
      cylinder 3: white to green/brown and black to green.
      cylinder 6: black to red and white to orange/brown.
      cylinder 4: white to brown/white and black to white.
      cylinder 1: black to red and white to orange/brown.

The purple wire has to go to a ground point, and the purple/brown wire is not used and should be capped or taped up.

Good luck. Hope it works better for you than me.
      '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
      '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
      13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
      Gotta love boost!

Comment

Working...
      X