Intake Manifold Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake Manifold Angle

I have a 3.4 out of a '95 Camaro, now in a Stalker, with an Edelbrock Torker II manifold. The manifold does not sit flat on the intake ports, there is a gap at the bottom. Any ideas why?

heads been milled? sounds like it. Thats old school machine shop correction if it is. They usually charge around $60-$100 to cut an intake. Take note: That intake will only fit those heads from this point on.
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Heads that were milled square will not need angle correction. But if they were angle milled then they will be off and will for sure need to be corrected. It is fixable by any engine machine shop
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Metal gaskets are leaking. Know who makes a composite or paper gasket?

Comment

i thought his gap at the bottom was him talking block to intake. Like the intake was sitting too high. Ya that wouldnt make sense either.....
          Someone cut something different or wrong? Edlebrock intake wouldn't be wrong out of the box would it?

you got a pic?
          sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
          A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
          Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
          Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
          PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

When I got everything cleaned up and set the manifold on, it's straight. I got a set of composite gaskets and I'll put it together tomorrow. I took the car to my machinist, and had the angles checked. Must have been looking at it with my bad eye or something. Looks good, I'll post again if I still have a problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X