Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO! Not another 2.8 to 3.4 swap question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO! Not another 2.8 to 3.4 swap question!

Hahahaha.
    Actually yeah. I have heard that the L32 (3.4 IH) found in the 4th gen F-bodies has a reverse flow water pump? Is that why the radiator that was on the car has the cap facing opposite of whats on my blazer?

Heres why I ask...

When I swap it in, I want to be able to keep the 3.4's water pump and corresponding e-fan on there and use the rest of the blazers front cover.

Would it be in my best interest to mount the 3.4's radiator in place of the blazer unit?
    I like the tranny oil cooler on it too, but I wanted to ask if you can adapt it for use as a motor oil cooler...

Sorry if this all sounds noobish, but I hope im making sense.

Oh yeah, what would be the best way to control the fan?
    Originally posted by Mars
    Haha ^ Wrong Wheel Drive.
    S10 Blazer 4.3, turbo LX9 in its future...
    No 60šV6 at the moment

ok....

i kept f-body motor complete for my swap. used S10 radiator and hoses. all fit and worked fine.

2 options, depending on how youre doing the swap.
    1. ECM control, by far the best. but if yore keeping the factory ECM and TBI, not an option.
    2. use a preset snap switch for activation. i like the hayden from advance.

as far as the trans cooler as oil cooler, i would reccomend against it. there is not enough flow in the fittings or radiator for it. it would be a restriction. it can be done, though.

any more questions on how i did mine, look up my thread on s10 forum, project drivabeater.

michael

Comment

Yes it is a reverse ROTATION pump. Meaning the pump turn opposite the crank. But all that means is the vanes in the pump and the swirl in the housing go the opposite way of a standard rotation pump. All S-10's since 87 had a reverse rotation pump.

The 3.4L pump works fine in an S-10 with an E-Fan. It is shorter and looks cleaner. The front cover on the Camaro does not have a pointer for timing so it is advisable to use an S-10 cover.

DO NOT use the trans cooler as an oil cooler. You need a cooler with AT LEAST 1/2"NPT fittings or -10AN fittings for oil cooling. An oil cooler is not necessary unless you tow or go off road a lot.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
      X