cooling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fans

hey fella's just i want my cooling fans to come on at a lower temp. instead of the 225 degree that's stock so is there any trick out there i can do?
    Thomas Herring

Buy an adjustable or lower temp electric fan relay from a local performance shop. The one on my S-15 is non adjustable and kicks in at 180 and cost under 25 bucks cdn
    Why pay someone to do the work, it costs alot and you don\'t learn s*^t!!!

Comment

cooling fans

okay i have a 95 grandprix with a 3100v6 two cooling fans i bought a temp.remote fan switch that sticks a probe in the rad. to turn the fan on at 180 degrees but it dont work or i hook it up wrong cause i put a fuse (10 amp) between the relay and the battery and its blowing yht fuse.
      Thomas Herring

Comment

Stock cooling fans are turned on via the GND, not the power. The ECM applies the GND signal to complete the circuit. So to add an alternate switch, you need to hook it up similarly, but triggering the GND, not the power.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I had a similar problem with the fuse, I just added thicker wires to the relay and added a bigger fuse and it works fine. I just used a ford taurus fan from a wrecker $5 but I have found that a chrysler fan draws less power
          Why pay someone to do the work, it costs alot and you don\'t learn s*^t!!!

Comment

Temp Sensor

Is there any electric fan that has a sensor that screws into the head/block instead of the phony probe that pokes into the radiator? '86 S10 3.1.

Edit: Derale http://www.derale.com/electric-fan.html I wonder if you could use this sensor and relay with a different fan such as the flexalite Black Magic. Because of the flexalite's built specfic for the S10.
            Last edited by Ray Hamilton; 06-23-2007, 01:44 AM.
            '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Since that is just a relay setup, it should work with any fan.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Do you know what kind of p/u the "Black Magic" has? I read their site and they mention an adjustable relay but they don't say anything about the sensor type.
                '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Working...
                X