3500 to lg5 top swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 to lg5 top swap questions

first, can i swap 2006 malibu 3500 intakes onto my lg5? i can pick them up dirt cheap and i need ot know by noon today.

now for the bigger question, can i swap 3500 heads onto an lg5 and use my lg5 upper and lower intakes? i know it seems like a stupid question, but i'd love to be able to keep my "intercooled turbo"" upper intake. after all, the whole point of my car is to look like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

now, i would be sending the intakes out for a serious p&p or extrude hone job. i know this may still not be an ideal situation, but i'm more concerned with is it possible.

i'm not looking for immense power. just looking for some simple bolt on power.

anyhow, the most important question for now is if the upper and lower 3500 intakes will work on my lg5

The 3500 parts are not compatible with your gen 2 3.1.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

the heads, intakes, or both?

Comment

You can't use the heads, and the lower only works with those heads. The upper doesn't fit your stock lower.

edit. If you bore it .060", then you can use the heads, but I don't think that is worthwhile just to keep a gen 2 block. Better off swapping engines.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i do have a spare motor already torn down i wouldn't mind boring.

oh well, think i could get 60 bucks out of the intake set?

Comment

easy
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Working...
            X