After the upgrade.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the upgrade.....

After head gasket failure and over heating the engine last December in my 1997 3100 Monte, I decided to upgrade to newer 3400 heads, intake manifolds, injectors and throttle body and have finally finished this project last Sunday. I'm a little disappointed in the 0-60 mph performance results but the top end has improved. By this top end improvement i mean the throttle has a lot of pedal left on it in the 85-95 MPH range. I should see a MPG improvment overall. The engine idles a little high at 1,000 rpm in "N" and 900 rpm in "D", or at least that seems high to me. Is there a reason that the bottom end is not as snappy and responsive as it was in stock configuration?.........Tom

opening up the intake paths can ruduce air velocity and cylinder filling at lower rpms.

Comment

Not being tuned could be a big part of it as well.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Ok. I forgot to mention I'm running EGR valve delete. I know it's prob not wise but it's what i got for now. Could i get another feedback on this thread please. Where would i go to get re tuned. I have no tuner in my possession.......Tom

Comment

there is a dhp powrtuner for sale right now on the the (for Sale section) . that should give you a good start on tuning. the rest is mostly reading.
          Mike 60degree addict.
          Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
          sigpic
          65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Working...
          X