need help ASAP, car will not stay on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help ASAP, car will not stay on

so i just did a write on my pcm to make some changes. after the write, i waited the 20 sec like it says, and tried to start it. it starts, so the pcm is not bricked, however immidiately after it starts it dies. i have no clue whats going on.
    MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Did you do a complete write with a VIN that doesn't match your car? Sounds like a VATS issue to me. You can disable VATS if you want, or deal with the relearn process.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i do partial writes. anyway, it turns out that for whatever reason, after the write it decided to set the engine oil pressure and A vehicle theft code. i cleared the codes and it started with no oil pressure issues. on a side note. i wrote the pcm with the modified maf tables that we discussed on GAGT. still getting upwards of 4* of kr. i noticed that the afr in pe was around 12.5. when i dropped the new motor in, i had to regap the plugs to .060. when i was doing this one of the electrodes broke so i had to get a new one so 5 of the plugs are ~50k old and 1 is ~12k old. could this be the problem?
      MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

Anything is possible. Can you tell which cylinder misfires or is it random? if its random, id guess its not a single plug causing your problem.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

well its not misfiring enough to set a light. i did get the p0300 code a while ago which is random misfire, but i was told by a few differnent people that have cams that thats normal with a cam and to just turn the light off. could also be cylinder blow by?

Comment

I think its just the tune personally. Cams don't cause misfires unless they aren't tuned properly. You can do a leakdown test to check your rings.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

would blow by cause kr like im getting though. i would assume it would cause kr but im not really sure how much. i guess it would depend on how bad the blow by is. also what do you think about having 5 older plugs and 1 newer one. you cant isolate kr to one specific cylinder. but if those 5 or so plugs are bad then it would give noticeable kr through the pcm i would think

Comment

Blow by causes the oil to get dirty VERY quickly. If you want to know for sure, do a leak down test. Theory and guessing are poor replacements for testing. If you are worried about the plugs, test them as well. I have had one cracked in the porcelain cause random KR on my 3.4 DOHC.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

well i just changed my oil. i went 5k on conventional and it honestly didnt look to terribly dirty, so i doubt thats my issue now. anyway i picked up some ngk tr6 plugs today. i heard that iridium plugs are bad for high performance apps because the electrode it too small

Comment

Whoever told you iridium is bad for racing apps is wrong.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                    X