4 valve/cyl pushrods heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 valve/cyl pushrods heads?

I just learned of this from another discussion on the fiero forum. There was a guy asking about engine swaps saying push rod engines are crap (in the post before that he was talking about swapping in a big V8 )

But, that is neither here nor there, one guy said something about retrofitting 4 valve heads on a pushrod engine. Would it not be seriously awesome to have that on a 3x00???

I just wanted to open a discussion on this knowing that it's probably very cost prohibitive but still

here is the website if you are interested, for some reason all the links on there site are dead

-Brandon

-Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I tried to search, but since the title was 32v heads no wonder I didn't find it

Comment

I doubt they could make it work on a 60v6 since the combustion chamber are so much smaller, or at least make it practical or as effective as on a V8 since they have more room to play with. Still it's an interesting concept. First time I've ever seen someone try 4 valve per cylinder with pushrods. Even chevy back when they made the ZR1 motor made it dohc instead. Of course, dohc offers a lot of other advantages over pushrod as far as valve train flexibility. Like ability to advance or retard cam timing on intake or exhaust separately. I think if I wanted 24 valves that bad I'd just swap in a dohc motor from another car.
        '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
        '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
        13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
        Gotta love boost!

Comment

they dont look too reliable to me. but thats just an uneducated opinion.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

The Duramax is reliable and is have 4 valves per cyl and uses a cam in block pushrod design just like a small block or big block. It just uses forked rockers to move the valves so its really not complex you just need the right design for the cylinder head.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

well there ya go, my uneduated opinion was wrong. however i DO NOT like the duramax. Cummins FTW.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Working...
              X