Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new valve spring?

Has anyone seen these yet?

Not sure if we'd be able to use them or not, but since they are designed for the LS1 I would think we might be able to just like the other Ls springs, as long as you were using the correct retainers, seats, and they fit over the valve seals.

Would need a pretty aggressive cam to need them too, but they might be one more option.
    '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
    '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
    13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
    Gotta love boost!

You would need solid lifters to require that kind of spring.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well, it says on the page "This spring is engineered for street/strip hydraulic roller and some solid roller LS1 camshafts"... so I just thought I'd mention it and see what people thought. Like I said, I doubt most people would need anything that stiff, but if it says designed for hydraulic roller I don't see why you couldn't use them? Maybe you'd have to use the LS1 check springs inside the lifters?

Only other thing I could think of as a possible problem is maybe the rollers on our lifters or something else in our valve train isn't strong enough for those springs. I'm sure we'd have trouble with the timing sets currently available, and maybe the locating pin for the cam gear?
      '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
      '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
      13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
      Gotta love boost!

Comment

Maybe for 3500/3900 VVT owners that have a 1.8" install height, but that is stiffer than the PAC 1518 springs, and those are as stiff as I would go. The TCE lifter springs won't keep the lifter from collapsing due to too much valve spring pressure. A double roller would be a damn good idea too. The locating pin should never have a problem unless the bolt comes loose.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X