power programmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power programmers

on jegs.com i've seen power programmers that will retune a 3100 with afew clicks of the button..theres two different kinds one by bully dog and the other by jet performance anyone have any experiences using these products? I 've also seen vcm suites programmer which is much more expensive (600 bucks) just debating on which would give me the best result regardless of the price.

you're refering to an actual programmer right? not a "plug in between the stock harness and ECU" "programmer", right?

i've never heard anything about the JET setup, but people tout HPT all the time...

and "power programmer" means it just applies generic changes, nothing specific to your exact vehicle, not a very thorough job...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

it wasnt an ecu harness it was a pda type device that plugs into the obd II port.. i'm willing to bet the hp tuners allows much more control over engine perameters but i figured if the jet or buly dog would yeild me similar results , if not quite as dramatic, for a more cost effective price. :P just trying to tune without blowing the budget out of proportion but the hpt would alow me to totally delet the 105 mph top speed limited and alow it to do the 110+ police package luminas can do.

Comment

HPT will let you change everything. Spark, fuel, speed limiter, bla bla bla. You need a laptop, but then you can watch everything in real time as well as reprogram the PCM.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Guess i should just man up n get the HPT unit so i can full paramator controll.. would really like to see what taking afew degress of knock out and upping the fuel cut off and allowing the maf to send back higher frequency readings could do. i've got aspirations of making the ole LS into a sleeper of sorts

Comment

Yes, HPT is your only real option. That other stuff does not work. Last time I heard about anyone trying a jet module in their car, they had nothing but problems and ended up taking it out. It's just a "piggyback" device. Not an actual tuner.
            '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
            '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
            13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
            Gotta love boost!

Comment

you cant just buy HPT and start changing things,you'll need to do ALOT of reading before you start tuning..
              sigpic03' 3100 slp cat back-custom fwi-gmpp trailing arms-mrz udp-aeroforce

Comment

I know there's alot of reading involved and i've started the process of learning the do and donts in the tuning procedure the steps involved to achieve a proper tune that boosts the performance without jeopardizing long term drivability.

Comment

i want to tune my 2004 3.4l impala but cant find anyone that makes a tuner
                  3.8 is a dime a dozen, does anyone know of a tuner that will work or should i just take it to a speed shop and let them do it.

how do i add a photo of my car i would like to do that.
                  Last edited by ninjaguinea; 02-16-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjaguinea View Post
                    i want to tune my 2004 3.4l impala but cant find anyone that makes a tuner
                    3.8 is a dime a dozen, does anyone know of a tuner that will work or should i just take it to a speed shop and let them do it.

how do i add a photo of my car i would like to do that.

Go to www.hptuners.com. Look at the vcm tuning suite -->supported vehicles--> GM v6 cars. They support the 2000-2005 Impala with either the 3.4 or 3.8.

Be aware, you'll need a laptop to use it, and you'll have a lot of reading and learning to do to learn how to tune. It's not as simple as just click a few buttons and drive off.
                    '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                    '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                    13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                    Gotta love boost!

Comment

Working...
                    X