• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas on cam?

ive been pondering for two months on if i should cam this motor:
    04 LA1 comp portedU&LIM from the store
    65mmTB
    i really know nothing about cams or as far as what would work well with this setup. im assuming i could maybe get a chip from the store as well that would work with it.thx4any ideas.
    '96BerettaZ26- Med Adriatic Blue- FINALLY swapped '04 Impala 3400, Comp Cam, Comp 26986 springs, TCE lifter springs, WOTTECH Comp ported U&LIM, TCE 65MM TB, LM 4t60e~~~Looking for 3400 Downpipe

Why not use the camshaft selection service that is offered through the store? You can optimize a cam to best match your mods, driving style, etc., and a coupon is given to you to offset the purchase price of a cam through the store. Kinda a no-brainer.

Matt
    2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
    3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mfuller View Post
      Why not use the camshaft selection service that is offered through the store? You can optimize a cam to best match your mods, driving style, etc., and a coupon is given to you to offset the purchase price of a cam through the store. Kinda a no-brainer.

http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/camshaf.../prod_195.html
      yeah just kinda hoping someone has narrowed something down already or even some pointers rather than spending money on something i dont even know if ill be able to use/understand, so to me its not that simple. most importantly because i dont even know if i should cam it or not which if i dont would make the coupon worthless.
      '96BerettaZ26- Med Adriatic Blue- FINALLY swapped '04 Impala 3400, Comp Cam, Comp 26986 springs, TCE lifter springs, WOTTECH Comp ported U&LIM, TCE 65MM TB, LM 4t60e~~~Looking for 3400 Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by payback View Post
        yeah just kinda hoping someone has narrowed something down already or even some pointers rather than spending money on something i dont even know if ill be able to use/understand, so to me its not that simple. most importantly because i dont even know if i should cam it or not which if i dont would make the coupon worthless.
        ben would help you narrow the selection down. that what the service is for.
        MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

a cam will make a world of difference. You already have great flowing heads, might as well take advantage of them.
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by payback View Post
            Um you spend the money for Ben to do the legwork of what you don't understand. Then he sends you simulations with POWER numbers for you to evaluate and pick the cam you want going by what power is where and how much... THEN you buy that cam for less the price of the service you paid to have it picked... so um yeah that service is washed out if you buy the cam... its like he did it for free.

Having him bench cam specs for you or you just buying the cam outright, you spend the same amount... Its um, a no brainer really

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
            X