Cam Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Suggestions

I have recently bought a 3.1 turbo motor and am working on building it for my swap. Here are my plans for it. .60 trim turbo, ported intakes, 1:6 rockers, upgrade springs and seats, FMIC. Now the question is what would you guys recommend I use for a cam for this setup?

Normally people recommend a Crane 260 cam, but since they went out of business they have become harder to find. If you read this post http://60degreev6.com/forum/f96/gmpa...260-cam-t43152 you'll see that I went with an Engle cam. They were very reasonable on price and pretty quick too. I went with the 1605H cam. I'll let you know how it works out once i'm up and running

Comment

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Comment

WOT turbo cam?
        MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

WOT turbo cams are for 3x00 engines. They're roller cams.

Comment

when you have that Engle cam runing let us know cause I may buy one
            -Gary
            1983 Camaro 2.8l not much done yet
            1999 Chevy Prizm - typical bolt-ons

Comment

Originally posted by ghrarhg View Post
              WOT turbo cams are for 3x00 engines. They're roller cams.
              ahhh, i see. im still trying toi get used to the fact that there are older cars on here. im used to GAGT and GAOC.
              MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

Comp 260

Edelbrock is the most respected name in performance! Since 1938, Edelbrock has manufactured its core products in the USA for quality and performance.
                Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                  I actually own that cam already but was not sure if it would be ideal. what springs would you recommend for that cam?

Comment

Originally posted by 3.1cutlass View Post
                    I actually own that cam already but was not sure if it would be ideal. what springs would you recommend for that cam?
                    Im running 3500 valve springs with a comp 260 and 1.6 rockers and i dont notice any valve float, but they are on the weaker side so im upgrading to the comp springs. With moderate boost your gonna want something stiffer, as the boost may start pushing that valve open when you dont want it open.

Comment

Working...
                    X