3.4 TB ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 TB ideas

I have looked through the forums and done search's but not really found what I am looking for. Quick history I am a Fiero guy 86 with a 3.4 swap 7730 ECM with DIS, 4t60 tranny. I originally installed the 2.8 accessories on the swap and found I ran out of air at low RPM's 4k area. I had found somewhere that the original 3.4 plenum (upper intake) breathed @ 60 CFM more and has shorter runners than the 2.8 Fiero intake. So I proceeded with cutting the crossover section of the intake off and sealing with a crossover tube. This was done to accommodate the thermostat housing (us Fiero guys like to turn things around). Now comes my problem, I cannot find a TV/Kick down cable long enough to make the run from the tranny to the TB. So I decided to look for a TB with linkage that pulls from the front rather than the stock from the rear. I went to the local bone yard and dug thru every combination of TB's out there with no luck. Anyone with any ideas would be helpful.
    Mike

I think I've read at Pennock's that an '88 top flows better than the earlier ones.
    '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Working...
    X