Two Injectors per cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Injectors per cylinder?

I've been researching using two injectors per cylinder, and I see its been done on some production vehicles such as the zr1 corvette. I am going to be retaining my stock obd1 batch fire injection, which already groups 3 injectors together in a bank, so could I just add 3 more injectors on to each bank then add ballast so as not to overload the injector drivers on the ecm? Then in the ecm just set the injector size based on the combined fuel flow of the two injectors firing into the cylinder? Another option could be to use something like the turbolink to control extra injectors, but just not the first option I want to use. I would just use larger injectors period,but the LZ9 this setup will be used on limits me to the shorty style injectors(tried clearencing for regular bosch injectors,but still had interference from upper intake mani). The largest short style injector I could find was 60lb and even bumping up the fuel pressure still wouldn't allow me enough flow for my eventual power goals especially if I use e85.
    98 camaro swapping in lz9 th400 setup
    LZ9 specs: (Subject to Change work in progress)
    4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

2 PCMs maybe. I wouldn't want to tune 2 injectors for 1 cylinder using something that drives them both exactly the same. At idle you would have a much easier time turning one off till you are moving. Id question the ECM doing this with a ballast because I know nothing about doing that:P I don't know the limits per PCM but I don't know that you should be using saturated injectors where most switch to a peak and hold, low impedence injectors for the kind of power you seem to be wanting to get.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally I had a set of 96lb low impedence injectors as well as a peak hold driver box, but I hastly sold them after running into clearence issues. I should have just made up manifold spacers like those on offered for the gen 3 motors through the store. Also power as for power goals I wouldn't see 800+hp being impossible hence the need for serious fuel. I already have a weldon 2025a pump, and -10 solid lines that will be feed from a surge tank that the stock fuel tank will feed into. I might eventually go full standalone like I wanted originally, but boy does its cost to play the game lol. I am just trying to get the motor built first, and work my way down the line. I think so far I have 1200 just in machine work.
      4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

Comment

damm what kinda motor are you building?
        01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

3900 LZ9 running a stock offset ground crank, p&p heads,swapping to gen cam and timing set,carillo sbc rods, and wiseco custom pistons. Then I am going to boost it and maybe run a little nitrous. Biggest concern isn't the engine holding up its going to be the f40 transmission I am bolting it up to. Might have to eventually go rwd or built 4t65ehd.

Comment

Working...
          X