the v6 and the v8 whats up here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by candychevy87 View Post
    fuck it kid throw a 350 in the damn thing and shut up, but do inform us when something breaks.
    yeah florida!

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      3800 heads DO NOT interchange with the 3.8 block. Otherwise all the 3800 guys would have been using the aftermarket aluminum 3.8 Buick head a long time ago
      3800 S2 or S3 won't fit the GN turbo block but the S1 FWD heads might being a tall deck block like the GN block
      92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

no. im a fan of the 350 but not in this nature, if this kid wants go fast, no gas drop the damn 400 in it or supercharge a 350 but if you want economy go fast, sick with the 3.4. even better, throw a 5 speed behind that 3.4. but if this kid wants 20 gallons per mile than go with a carbed small block. see i had a carbed small block in my s-10 ( remind you its heaver than a camaro, a 6 cyl, but i got stomped by 6 cyl 5 spd camaros frequently) it was a night mare, i couldnt depend on that motor to go 300 miles without having a problem. the point im saying is ALL MOTOR SWAPS ALWAYS CAUSE PROBLEMS AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER. i personally have the expirence of being stranded for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours(you know what i mean??) because of that damn 350. But hell if you want it you got it just put it in and see what it does its a blast being passed at 85.!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IanSzgatti View Post
          yeah florida!

if someone can agree with me thats good

Comment

Comment

i despise the SBC i think it is over used and the only thing it really has going for it is the huge after market so i go for any engine but a SBC. (i perfer the oldsmobile V8s)
              92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

Originally posted by candychevy87 View Post
                ALL MOTOR SWAPS ALWAYS CAUSE PROBLEMS AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER. i personally have the expirence of being stranded for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours(you know what i mean??) because of that damn 350. But hell if you want it you got it just put it in and see what it does its a blast being passed at 85.!!!!!
                So you can't swap one in, therefore everyone who has swapped any motor into anything else has automatically had problems. Fail.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                  F bodies are cooler then L bodies, even with a V6
                  Oh man here we go
                  95 Beretta- Lg8 Daily Driver
                  94 Beretta z26- First ever 5-speed 3500 L body- In the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                    Oh man here we go
                    Past Builds;
                    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                    Current Project;
                    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Well, at least L bodies are cooler than J bodies, no matter what engine is in them...

-Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

i was not implying that every motor swap has problems but the 350 isnt perfact. youre putting an engine into a car that wasnt made with that engine, youre changing from a feul injection to carburation, you want to go to having a 4 speed automatic to a three speed automatic, does all this seem necessary to have streetable horse power? i dont think it is, the motor you have has potential, if you can find a good bump stick aluminium heads and a front wheel drive upper and lower intake a decent ignition and exhaust the right rear gears and tire size and mabe even a performance chip 1.5 horse power per cubic inch will net over 300 horse power, if you dont like that set up sell youre shit and get a damn camaro with a 8 cyl in it allready

Comment

hell yeah you can swap a motor in but is that going to be reliable? reliability is the key in swapping a motor

Comment

You can talk all you want about an Fbody needing a V8...

My car is teh sex and soon will shut all you mofo's up :P

Same engine in my car as a FWD will still be faster, we can hook

My car was comparable to TPI's with the old iron head motor with boost
                            Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 08-04-2008, 06:57 PM.
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

Comment

dude ive seen pics with youre bird boosted, i have to give my hat to you, it was fucking sick, i just turn my head to the v8's i favor them no more, theyre only good as 1/4 mile motors.

Comment

does this anser youre question?

Comment

Working...
                                X