DHP Powrtuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHP Powrtuner

I was wondering what is needed to make a DHP Powrtuner work on a 96 engine. I am planning on getting a 97 pcm to run it with (because I heard that it unlocks more tables) but now the seller claims I will need a new wiring harness as well.

I'm still a bit confused at how this computer thing on this car work anyway, can someone clarify what exactly I will need to make the tuner work on my car?

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

If the lumina is the same as the beretta and grand prix then yeah the 97 will be a drop in.
    For the DHP you just need the DHP hardware, a laptop, and download the software.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Great, sounds good. So the DHP will work fine on a 97 pcm?

Is 300 - 400 a good price for the used tuner? That's how much he wants for it.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

DHP will work on any car it supports... It's just a question if the 97 ECM drops right into the lumina. I know the 97 Venture van ECM works in place on a 96 beretta, or a 96 grand prix cause that's what 3400-modified and PCGUY did.

I think they were 300 something new. The HPT ones cost more and limit how many cars you can tune as a comparison.
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Yeah, thats why I thought 300 was even to high, because it is still a used product, although scarcity does drive price up. That is why I like the DHP though, because it will allow me to tune multiple cars, including my dad's Impala.

Comment

Yup. Gotta love being able to do any car you might have. Download ALL the software and files in case the site goes down sometime. (that's what I would do at least).
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

If you think about it $400 still a good price for what you can do with the PT and how many cars you can tune.

I know I wouldn't give mine up even if I sold my car.....
              2000 Grand Am GT
              2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Just be careful with buying a PowrTuner... if you don't know how to tune then you are in for some trouble! Since they don't sell anything anymore nor really support anyone anymore, the forum is slowing down, a lot. It's hard to get help from anyone, there are only a few members who care really. I am expecting the website to just go offline one day... lots of the helpful information and tools that used to be there are no longer there because I guess some members became angry with DHP and removed all of their contributions to the community.
                SpudFiles
                Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                Theopia
                Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Nah, just one member decided to get bent out of shape about being temp banned. So he asked the site owner to remove all of his posts citing "intellectual property" as the reason. Everything got blown out of proportion and in the end, only the forum members got screwed. Meanwhile DHP, the sole reason why said member wanted his posts removed, did not.
                  Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Yeah I've never tuned before so thats probably something I should look into. I do have a tuning guide for the powrtuner, but as with anything it helps to have someone to ask if I have a problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X