This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zofo61 View Post
    IAnd welcome to the site.....we appreciate quiet entrances........all be it yours wasnt...........
    I can't believe I've been here a year and a half already. I joined when I was first starting my project as kind of a newb. My posting lapsed when my project wasn't getting attention, but now that it's running and driving I'm back planning bigger and better things!

I'd just like to say that this is the best forum I've been on. I moderated on a large Macintosh forum years back, and I'm very impressed with the membership and management of this one. Haven't found a whole lot to be critical of around here.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

That my friend, is a thing of beauty. Thanks for coming here and sharing.
      Nice build!

Comment

Thanx

Thank you guys, for real.
        If I stepped on any toes giving my 2 cents worth in the forums I'm sorry.
        I have just done alot of reaserch into these little motors and have tried alot of wierd crap with them.
        I love to help out and share my findings, whats all of my knowledge worth if I can't pass it on, even my mistakes.

The crank sensor on the front cover is from the grand am, it bolted right up to it, and the 3.4 n/ balance rwd flywheel has the same tooth count as the 3.1 balancer so I don't predict any problems.

The reference crank sensor in the side of the block is from the ga/ gt as well.

And yes the only reason the chain works is due to the rwd front cover.

We turned the radius that would be used as the thrust surface on the back of the cam sproket to slide into the walk eliminator, then took the length difference off so it lined up right.
        Sorry I'm not tearing it apart to show you, lmao.
        Once I nuke it I will post some damage pics and include the chain.
        The way I drive it should not be too long. : )

The reason this car is taking me so long is due to the fact I have 3 kids and I live in michigan, outrageous bills here !!!
        And the winter is slow for "performance cars"

And a little secret...this " GT " started life as an 87 4cly auto .....SHHHHHH !

So it has took alot of time finding parts and getting it to look like this.
        Notice I have no side windows yet.
        I am getting the tinted aftermarkets soon though.
        Its getting a 4" cowl scoop on the hood, a smooth top from harwood, and the hood will be cut to help flow the rad.

I still need to do the "ferrarri" tailight conversion and the headlight conversion, ect...

Then I get to take it all apart and repaint everything once again... nice.
        All of the panels were painted off the car and the frame was painted with a rust inhibiting enamel, gloss black.

I do use piriform cleaner (c cleaner) every time I log off the inet.
        Maybe this is why I am having issues, plus I don't have "remember me" checked, so it may not be keeping track of me between pages.

Thanx once again, and if I pop in with my 2 cents, sorry it's just me trying to help.
        !!!!! BOSCH PLUGS RULE !!!!!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/powerdoctor

Comment

The crank position sensor on the block won't work with the steel crank without modifying something. The 24x trigger and cam position sensors are the same but the crank position sensor is not.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I'm still trying to determine which crank he is using. He stated the VIN Z steel crank, but what is a VIN Z crank? Could just be misuse of the word steel, and therefore the crank has the standard 7x trigger on it.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

your cardomain says it's a '00 3.4.. which makes sence.

your engine block also has an A casting which means it's a 3400V6.. not a 3900 V6.. did you really think we wouldn't notice? Nice try though, I think you have alot to learn about these engines. You've come to the right place though.

I could be alot meaner but that's about as immature as lying about car mods.

good luck breaking 200 WHP. blue paint and chrome valve covers don't make a car fast, neither do iron heads, pie-cut bends or fart cannons.
              Last edited by Superdave; 04-05-2008, 01:10 AM.
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                your engine block also has an A casting which means it's a 3400V6.. not a 3900 V6.. did you really think we wouldn't notice?

I retract my earlier statements

Comment

Originally posted by powerdoctor View Post
                  I do use piriform cleaner (c cleaner) every time I log off the inet.
                  Maybe this is why I am having issues, plus I don't have "remember me" checked, so it may not be keeping track of me between pages.
                  That would do it.

(and you did totally get owned)

Ah, it's all in good fun.

Comment

1220.58* F (660.32*C) is the melting point of aluminum.

You really choked down that engine with the iron heads. I have no problem using aluminum, especially after dealing with the iron heads and boost. The next engine I'm building for my car after the 3.4/3500 hybrid is finished (have almost all the parts) is a 3.1/3400 hybrid twin turbo.

Extreme ported iron heads are still only going to flow slightly less than stock 3400 heads.

That intake is a dog, N/A it goes downhill rapidly after 4500rpm.

I have yet to see the iron heads break 200hp N/A and still be streetable. SuperDave just made over 270whp N/A with the 3500 top end
                    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 04-05-2008, 10:19 AM.
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by powerdoctor View Post
                      I am new here to this site and just wanted to show off my ride.

Its an 87 fiero gt fastback.
                      Its midnight blue metalic with a touch of purple pearle.

The engine is a 3900 with deck hieght forged flat top fly notched pistons, "z" vin steel crank, forged rods, and a 25% over volume pump, with a high pressure sping.
                      It runs H.O. iron heads ported with .500 lift dual springs and roller rockers, it has roller lifters stock.

It is also twin turbo charged with twin intercoolers AND has N.O.S. on it.

I expect about 280/ 300 hp on the engine alone since it has about 10.5/ 1 compression with another 150/200 coming from the twin screws with the coolers.

The nitrous kit is a wet system with 2 N.O.S. jets located in the intake sides of the intercoolers to cool the coolers on the way through and a delay box that delays the "fogger nozzle" that has another N.O.S jet and a fuel jet set at the correct mix untill the 2 N.O.S. jets in the intercoolers hit the engine intake, good for about another 200 h.p.

Remember this car is under construction, it will be done this summer and I will post video from the track.
                      Is this a joke? Come on! I don't know if this is a guy w/ to much time on his hands and thought this would be funny, or a retard. By the way, eveyone knows you can't make hp like that w/o a shit ton of stickers and a wing taller than that!
                      because I\'m not Canadian

Comment

I especially like the PVC plumbing bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonero View Post
                          I especially like the PVC plumbing bits.

Yeah, I think it's shitter pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by jp_grasshopper_007 View Post
                            Yeah, I think it's shitter pipe.
                            atleast the PVC/ABS bends flow better than the pie cut ones
                            Past Builds;
                            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                            Current Project;
                            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                              atleast the PVC/ABS bends flow better than the pie cut ones

2nd that!

Comment

So it looks like your exhaust collects into a "BOX" and then both turbo's feed off the box. Is that correct? That won't work very well.. you dont have much pressure to feed them. the exhaust works off flow. and 1 good intercooler will do the job for both turbo's.

S
                                Shane "RedZMonte"
                                2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                                1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                                -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                                2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                                1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                                1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                                1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                                1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                                X