S10 Hop-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so the one out of the camaro

what do i have to do to make it fit? and how much power cani gain ? and if i fix up my 2.8 how much power could i get u think?

Comment

You don't have to do anything to make it fit. Externally it is an identical motor. Remove your old motor. Swap over your old accessories, intake, exhaust and the rest of the bits and drop in the 3.4L. Without doing anything special you get about 30hp and 50lbs more torque give or take. There are some details to doing it right so read the swap guide. You will find it on this site and on my site.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

cant find your site can you tell me where to find it and how much would a 3.4 motor cost?

Comment

i have a 2.8 1987 s10 how much power can i get out of a 3.4 v6 its stock with 160hp if i buy a crate motor

Comment

The Crate is rated at 160HP with the old 2SE 2bbl carburettor and stock cast iron exhaust manifolds.

A few years back a guy named moneyclip on s-series.org measured 187RWHP with a 3.4 Camaro motor and Edelbrock headers and throttle body injection. If you were to use the Crate engine you should do a bit better since the crate engine cam is pretty nice and should get the power up a bit more.
            1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
            1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
            Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

so will that be a big diffrents how much power doze my 2.8 have but will all my parts from my 2.8 fit the 3.4 like headers

Comment

Hi there!

A stock 2.8V6 TBI was rated at 120HP.

The difference between the 2.8 and the 3.4 is displacement -- that's pretty much it. The 3.4 has a larger bore and longer stroke than the 2.8, but everything from the 2.8 will fit.

The other differences between the 2.8 and 3.4 don't really matter to you -- the 3.4 has support for a crank trigger (DIS) and a cam position sensor (for the Camaro SFI system) but this does not affect your 2.8->3.4 TBI swap.
                1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
                2006 Pontiac Solstice

Comment

so i could buy one out of a camaro? at a junk yard right do i have to change the transmission or any thang like that

Comment

Hi there!

Yes, salvage is a choice for a 3.4.

You can keep your existing transmission.
                    1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
                    2006 Pontiac Solstice

Comment

awsome but i would get about 60 hp gain right

Comment

Working...
                      X