My "Little" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    This is a 60*V6 dedicated-engine site, now why on earth are you telling us about painting and have the engine in the back-ground blurred out?

Ok ok ok...you want to see the beast?

Here ya go...Still sitting on the ground...in the same spot that its been in since the machine shop messed up my order :no:

Ordered the wrong pistons...good thing I caught them before the machined the motor. I just need to get it back out there and get my block bored for the forged pistons.

Comment

How oversized are they?
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

This thread took a big turn from win to lose over the span of 10 months...

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Thanks for your comment.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Hmmn, completely restoring the body of a car in 10mos is fail?

The same guy built Grimm's turbo kit, built the turbo kit on one of the fastest Corsica's I know of (12.9, isn't that an Lbody?)...
            Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 12-23-2008, 12:43 AM.
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

I just mean the lack of progress. It looks to me like 2 busted bolts put this thread on hold for 5 months... This stared out going for the record books of badassness, then kind of trailed off into obscurity. Like you mentioned yourself, I don't read 60degreev6.com for body restoration tips...

Also, I think Loner's Corsy is the fastest Corsica ever too btw, nice work that you do, I've never knocked that. I also happen to have one of your SDI custom 1" shorter dogbones from the group buy that went down. I've got nothin but love for 60degreev6 performance and those who perpetrate it.

Glad to know I'm loved Ben, thanky.
              Last edited by kflo 93 gt; 12-23-2008, 04:04 PM.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Originally posted by kflo 93 gt View Post
                This thread took a big turn from win to lose over the span of 10 months...
                Originally posted by kflo 93 gt View Post
                I just mean the lack of progress. It looks to me like 2 busted bolts put this thread on hold for 5 months... This stared out going for the record books of badassness, then kind of trailed off into obscurity.
                Well I'm sorry that when I started this I wanted to get it done A LOT quicker than what its taken. The reason it has taken so long has nothing to do with broken bolts...the only reason it has taken much longer than planned it MONEY. I'm working at a lower paying job right now...putting myself through college...and paying all of my own bills. The fact that Ive had to change jobs 3 times since I started this could have an effect to.
                So I am sorry that its taking to long for you You don't like my project and its speed you can do 2 things...

1--Send me money so it can get moving a lot quicker.
                2--Don't read my "failure" of a project.

And to answer your question John...the new pistons are 30 over

Comment

PM me your paypal address then and see what happens.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

I got a super "awesome" update today

A couple days ago I wanted to put the heads, and up, on...only to find that the head dowels were no where to be found.

Bought a new set and got them today...
                    Gaskets...

1 Head...

Both heads...

And If my project hasent been plagued enough...When I went to put on the rockers, one seemed never to get tight. When I took it out this is what I found...

All those shaving must have been pushed down into the hole...because I never saw it when I first got these and looked them over, replaced the valve gaskets, and cleaned the gunk off them. This is such a kick in the (you know where)

Comment

Helicoil will fix that right up no problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X