Want EFILive for OBD2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want EFILive for OBD2?

EFILive is considering adding GM V6 motors to their catalog of supported platforms. Since DHP has quit producing the PowrTuner, the only current source for 60 degree V6 tuning is HPTuners. I e-mailed the EFILive support desk the bin files from the 96 and 97 Z34.

Will there ever be any coverage for the 3.8?? Wanting to buy Gtp but would like to be able to do something with it!!:D

Any word on when EFI Live will support the GM 3.8L V-6 (L32 supercharged) engines? Last post said it should be sometime in 2007.

Tim
    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
    325 whp 350 lb-ft

FYI. I have copied this thread to the Pushrod Performance, DOHC Performance, and OBD2 areas. I did so to try to drum up support amongst the community for another tuner to take on our PCM's. The competition would be good and hopefully would open up some new tuning options for our platform. EFILive is widely considered to be the best tuning tool for stock GM PCM's.

Tim
    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
    325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Why did DHP quit producing the PT?

Comment

Originally posted by zofo61 View Post
        Why did DHP quit producing the PT?
        Guess he decided it was too much work, and from what I understand he was an arse about it too. He got the company that made the software to sign a contract saying they will not update the software for the next 9 years I think it was. I didn't really read much into it though.

That aside, so would EFI offer tuning for all OBDII engines? So 3100, 3400, 3.4 DOHC, 3800, L67 and all that jazz?

I think the next logical question would be how much they would want money wise for a tuner. I know I'm interested, as I'm planning on working on performance soon and the first thing I would like to get is a tuner.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

I am interested as well. When I get done with my OBD2 conversion in my 1988 Cutlass Supreme, I am still going to have some issues because I will still have that wild cam in it.

I was considering swapping the cam out for the stock one, but if I could tune it, then that is more what I want.
          Taylor
          1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
          1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
          1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
          "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewinder View Post
            Guess he decided it was too much work, and from what I understand he was an arse about it too. He got the company that made the software to sign a contract saying they will not update the software for the next 9 years I think it was. I didn't really read much into it though.

That aside, so would EFI offer tuning for all OBDII engines? So 3100, 3400, 3.4 DOHC, 3800, L67 and all that jazz?

I think the next logical question would be how much they would want money wise for a tuner. I know I'm interested, as I'm planning on working on performance soon and the first thing I would like to get is a tuner.
            No that's not it at all. Officially the tuner was dropped because of a hardware revision change. But really this was only the tip of a very big iceberg where mainly charles got fed up with the community plagurizing his work and the extra time needed to support the program.

I would love to have EFILive join the V6 tuning ranks. If they need any BIN files let me know. I can get ahold of many different files.
            Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

I wonder if they could hack the flash based 94-95 ECM's too?
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

It would be great to have another option besides HPT. I'd be interested... my motor plans include a 3500 top end and a cam that will require tuning.
                "A spirit with a vision is a dream... with a mission"
                -RUSH

Comment

Their old software/hardware did do our OBD1 PCM's if I remember correctly.

Their software/hardware is $249-749 depending on the generation and whether it can just scan or scan and tune. The one that costs $749 does black box logging, standalone reading/flashing, and can take in data from a dyno or WBO2 over a serial connection so that everything can be logged via EFILive software.

They're considering the 3.1/3.4/3.8's. Here are a few direct quotes from one of their guys from the threads linked above.
                  "Well, we have too many other PCM's to finish off before these get done, however, the good news is for those who live in hope, I have already written the reading / programming bootloaders for all the US 3.1, 3.4, 3.8L V6's PCM's from 1996 - 2007, that covers 3 different PCM types."
                  "I have about 30 files from these V6's already, it's going to be a big job obviously to map these out because there is sooooo many different OS's on the V6's, the worst I've ever seen from GM. Plus, you guys want lots of tables that others are missing.
                  Like I said, it will get done, but it might be 2 months, it might be 10 months, I don't know. We have to get the P12 guys sorted out first
                  I'll see if I can get Paul at some stage to get the software enabled to read the PCM's, the more files we see the better I guess."

Tim
                  325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Eagerly waiting.
                    '97 Chevy Lumina, '99 LA1, ported heads, manifolds, 2 1/2" exhaust, k&n filter, 180* stat, A/C delete, Ram air, 3600 FAFB converter, 4T60E shift kit, DHP Power Tuner, AEM UEGO, MegaSquirt II/Extra

1/8 mile 9.72@75 mph, 2.0 60 foot

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                      I wonder if they could hack the flash based 94-95 ECM's too?
                      That would be excellent as both of mine are OBD 1.5...I am considering an OBD II swap on my van though when I drop in the SC3800.

Comment

id do about anything if dude could do something for obd 1.5 I think there would be some sales from guys around these forums, but i doubt someone will take the time to do something for computers that only existed 2 years in some cars...
                        94 Grand Prix
                        3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

OBD1.5 tuning would save me some headaches but I know better than to hold my breath.
                          1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

i would be interested in support for my 01 alero 3400. I have heard HPT is difficult to use so another option would be great.
                            Lots of mods cost lots of $$
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2598719/1

Comment

There's a lot of 94/95 guys out there that are modded or would like to mod and be able to tune.
                              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
                              X