No announcement yet.

3500 fiero failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.car-parts.com is also a good resource at times.

I got my 12k '05 3500 for $500.

Might be worth a look.

Good Luck with it!

Comment

Thin oil? Why would you have thin oil?
      SpudFiles
      Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
      Theopia
      Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
      3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by PCGUY112887 View Post
        Thin oil? Why would you have thin oil?
        Gas, which he found in the oilpan, will really thin it out for starters

This is a tragedy, how many 3500 Fieros are even out there?

Comment

^If i were to venture a guess, i would say 1(well, formerly 1 LOL)

jokes aside..... damn. suckage. i know how it feels man, my 1st 3400 in my 'bird ran for less than 2 hours before a tweaked rod locked it up. 1617# cam grind from here, ported heads, LS6 springs.... all sitting in the garage on a shelf. kind of >

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
          Cammed 3500 --> ???
          1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Originally posted by RedBird View Post
            i know how it feels man,
            I'd have to second guess you on that, this engine failure was about as quick as the failure in the engine that was highly built that it was replacing which was also a relpacement for a previous engine which if I recall correctly was also a replacement for another engine making this current situation a preparation for engine replacement #5 all within about 2yrs over all and two within the last 3 months.

It's amazing he's still talking like a human being and hasn't been ticketed for some display of illegal destruction of property out of frustration. To my knowledge he's the first to complete the 3500 install into a Fiero. Many are doing V8s but no matter what they say having driven one, it's too much for that little car and handling characteristics suffer quite a bit. Turbocharging the V6 is the way to go for several reasons especially considering todays V6 has just as high and in some cases higher horsepower ratings than the early TPI V8 engines. I'm not going to mention gas mileage for a daily driver between the two and extreme power available only when needed.

merlot's engine blew because it wasn't turbocharged, a turbo would have forced more air into the engine to burn up that fuel that wound up in the oil pan so maybe his next motor will have that in place. He did an excellent job though and very fast completion.

Comment

well folks i havent even opened the decklid of the fiero since i parked it. i really want to get back at it, but im so broke. i may be changing jobs soon to work at my fathers law firm. if that happenes who knows when ill be able to get back on the fiero. if i stay at my current job, i could have the fiero towed up to work and get the engine done in a day or two. i just need a replacement short block, and maybe some valves.

well see what happens....

and maybe this one will have a turbo on it....if i can find a turbo (s) for cheap
              3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
              96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
              2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
              1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

I just saw this thread and thought about your engine failure. Bad injectors FTL

Comment

Working...
                X