LS6 Valve Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS6 Valve Springs?

There are two types offered by Ligenfelter on eBay......The .552 lift (orange striped) and the .580 lift(yellow) The only other difference I can see is the 90 vs 92 pounds closed and the 294 vs 295 pound open......any reason other than lift that the yellows are 3 times the money as the striped?

I doubt i will be putting in a cam with a lift greater than .552 for my boosted app with 3500 heads so I am thinking the cheaper stripped ones....thoughts?

Also as far as the retainers and locks. Are the LS6 retainers(#10166344) the same ones that we have stock and if they are not are they better?

I dont want to spend 90.00 on retainers and locks from Comp unless everyone thinks they are worth it compared to the LS6 stock ones. Thanks

I just put in the orange striped ones. You need the LS shims, and you will need different seals, but you can use your stock keepers.

Comment

LS1 have 1.8 install height...
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        LS1 have 1.8 install height...

And.........this is bad....good......wrong.....right?

They are LS6 springs not LS1 or is that redundant?

Thanks

Comment

I means you have to subtract .100 from their max spring spec. We know you can run LS6 springs over .500 lift though.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I have a set of 3400 heads with LS6 Yellows installed sitting on the shelf, i'll see if i can get coil bind and max lift from them tonight...
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by viper15230 View Post
              I just put in the orange striped ones. You need the LS shims, and you will need different seals, but you can use your stock keepers.

I will be using the 1991 Cavi seals....I guess my question really is....is the orange stripes as good as the yellows and

Do the LS6 retainers fit better than the stockers. The stockers have some wiggle room. The comps suposedly do not, I am questionin weather the LS6 retainers fit better than the stockers.

Comment

Everyone around here is using the yellow, not sure where the orange come from.... At least I haven't seen any 60* builds using orange...
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The orange and green stripes are the ones before the yellows...still LS6 and are just a tad different than the yellows.
                  I am asking opinions on the retainers.......has anyone used the stock LS6 retainers and if so do they fit tighter than the 60*V6 stockers...or is the only other alternative the 90.00 Comp set with Comp Locks........?

Comment

they are the same as ours stock vs stock.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

If i remember right the LS1/6 retainers are the same as the V6 ones, they have like 1mm of play but so do the LSx spring seats.

*edit, Dammit Ben!
                      Past Builds;
                      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                      Current Project;
                      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

pwned! haha. I have a box of LS retainers here:P
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I agree that they are the same as I have a set of LS yellows with the stock retainers and my 3500 retainers fit them the same way with the same amout of movement. If I lay them side by side you cannot tell the difference between them. I'm using the stock 3500 retainers on the Comp Cams 26986 springs that I got from Ben. Real nice springs that fit over the stock 3500 oil seals/seats that came with the headgasket set. No need to buy any other seats or cavi seals. Just like it should be, no problem-no hassle.

Comment

Not trying to hijack this thread but Ben, whats with your avitar? Are you into martial arts? I have been in the arts for 30 years. 5th Dan TKD,1st Dan Kuk Sool Won. Muay Thai 8yrs. and Taiji for 10 yrs. I like to mix the hard for fighting and the soft for health.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymossville View Post
                              Not trying to hijack this thread but Ben, whats with your avitar? Are you into martial arts? I have been in the arts for 30 years. 5th Dan TKD,1st Dan Kuk Sool Won. Muay Thai 8yrs. and Taiji for 10 yrs. I like to mix the hard for fighting and the soft for health.

That is a very good question and I would love to answer that on the behalf of Ben. That fighter that you see in Ben's avatar is a key character in the television series called Dragonball Z. The name of the fighter in Ben's avatar is Burter. The fighter in my avatar is from the same television series and his name is Kakarot.
                              To sum up this brief description of who these fighters are, Kakarot beats the living tar out of burter.
                              /discussion.
                              Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                              02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                              www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
                              X