No announcement yet.

Should i bother porting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I just cut out some of the 3400 gasket then? or would that not be a good idea?
    1996 Beretta, 3400/5 speed, internet Tune, FFP UDP, Billet/poly mounts, ported intake manifolds, WAI, 2.5" mandrel exhaust, Borla ProXS, Intrax, KYB, poly front end kid, welded a-arms, strut, shock and sub-frame braces.

Comment

If you cut the "paper" gaskets to the red silicoln it's supposed to be equivalent to the metal 3500 UIM gaskets. When I ported my 3500 UIM I just did it to the 3400 gasket, but that's because i didn't port my lower.
      You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
      ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
      95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to weaken the seal on the "paper" gasket.

Has anyone recorded any gains from just porting the UIM and the LIM?
        1996 Beretta, 3400/5 speed, internet Tune, FFP UDP, Billet/poly mounts, ported intake manifolds, WAI, 2.5" mandrel exhaust, Borla ProXS, Intrax, KYB, poly front end kid, welded a-arms, strut, shock and sub-frame braces.

Comment

I had a 97 Malibu at one time, ported the upper and lower intake not once but twice and added a 56 mm TB. I noticed the results in throttle response and high rpm acceleration.
          About 2 weeks after all this put in your new 02 sensor. Nuthin like a brand new lighting fast 02 sensor to get that mixture nice.

Comment

Working...
          X