No announcement yet.

3.4 / 3500 Hybrid Build W.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, question will a ported 3.5 LIM fit on a ported 3.4 heads?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboAlero View Post
      hey, question will a ported 3.5 LIM fit on a ported 3.4 heads?
      Don't think so (3500 gasket on a 3400 head)...

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=100_3256.jpg

The bottom of the 3500 gasket sits at leas 1mm above the port floor on a 3400.
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

Hmm, well then I will just need to port the stock LIM from the 3.4 engine.
        What will be the best to do, I got a Stock LS1 throttle body and MAf from my friends Z28 and I want to install them on my car, ok I know that the opening of the stock UIM is at it's max 65mm and I think the stock throttle body of the z28 id 70 or is it 75mm. So what do you guys recommand to do, just do a costume thing on the stock UIM of the 3.4 or buy the 3.5 UIM from the 60v6 store?

Comment

Making the 7730 work with DIS should be straight forward, as the wires coming out of a distributor match the wires coming out of the ICM.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            Making the 7730 work with DIS should be straight forward, as the wires coming out of a distributor match the wires coming out of the ICM.
            so you think just plug those 2 harnesses into the ICM, run the CPS wire and it'll work?

Still will probably need a DIS programmed memcal...
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

It should be as simple as swapping the pins around at the plug and adding any missing sensor wires.

This will give you an excellent heads up;

Comment

Hi there!

This thread interests me since I'm planning on a 3.4 swap in both my S-10 truck and S-10 Blazer. I'd love to go with a 3400 or 3500, but both the engine mounts and the starter-on-the-opposite-side have concerned me. I could use an Isuzu Trooper bellhousing, assuming I could find one to dodge the starter issue, but the mounts are more problematic.

As for DIS, I haven't done this, yet (I have coil packs and ICM sitting in a box, but no V6/60 that I yet own has a crank trigger ) Once I get my hands on a 3.4 for my truck or Blazer, I'll seriously consider going DIS.

The ICM connections to the ECM are the same as on a distributor, but the distributor reference angle is different by 60 degrees. This is fixed by changing the reference angle for base timing in the chip to match the DIS module.

So, it's not a bolt-on, but with a quick change to the chip you should be on the road.
                1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
                2006 Pontiac Solstice

Comment

Originally posted by jwvess00 View Post
                  Hi there!

This thread interests me since I'm planning on a 3.4 swap in both my S-10 truck and S-10 Blazer. I'd love to go with a 3400 or 3500, but both the engine mounts and the starter-on-the-opposite-side have concerned me. I could use an Isuzu Trooper bellhousing, assuming I could find one to dodge the starter issue, but the mounts are more problematic.

As for DIS, I haven't done this, yet (I have coil packs and ICM sitting in a box, but no V6/60 that I yet own has a crank trigger ) Once I get my hands on a 3.4 for my truck or Blazer, I'll seriously consider going DIS.

The ICM connections to the ECM are the same as on a distributor, but the distributor reference angle is different by 60 degrees. This is fixed by changing the reference angle for base timing in the chip to match the DIS module.

So, it's not a bolt-on, but with a quick change to the chip you should be on the road.
                  For the people who don't tune chips, couldn't the Memcal from a DIS enabled car be used?
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

Hi there!

A DIS cal. from a DIS car could be used if everything else about the tune was what you're after. That may change other things you may or may not want (i.e. VSS type, EGR strategy, etc.). For an aluminum-head engine, I'd get one from either a J-body (i.e. BFUZ for a manual trans.) or a W-body. The fuel and spark tables are likely to be different between the car lines even for the same engine, since vehicle weight plays a part in the tune.

The best bet, especially since the OP was talking about having the ability to do either custom ECM (MS) or chips, would be to use the existing ECM in his car, swap in the DIS, and make a couple of changes to start out. I'd change the injector constant/engine displacement (to reflect the larger engine displacement and potentially different injector size), and I'd change the spark reference angle to match the DIS system. Then start tuning from there.
                    1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
                    2006 Pontiac Solstice

Comment

go to fiero.nl or gmtuners.com get ahold of Ryan (sinisterfiero) he helped alot with my dis conversion and with the actual dyno tuning. he helped over the fone when i was in VA on a dyno and he was in mid-northen u.s.. great guy. he burned my initial chip and it was almost perfect, just a pinch more fuel was needed.
                      3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
                      96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
                      2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
                      1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

Working...
                      X