No announcement yet.

New 3400 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are going to have to wait if you want information on my boost porting. Cam for boost is no problem. I have about 7-8 boost acceptable cams right now and will be doing more simulations to find more, and then narrow it down to the best per application.

Are you going to reuse your intake manifolds?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
      I would use the 3400 heads.
      Why not the 3500 Top on the 3400 bottom. I recall this discussion already with my application......which is it? We have the same kit?

Comment

3400 heads are what I would modify for boost.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

hmmm, what about those of us starting with the 3500? is it still recommended to go with the 3400 heads for boost? sorry, just find this somewhat odd since i already know the 3500 heads supposedly flow better

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
            3400 heads are what I would modify for boost.
            Why?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
              hmmm, what about those of us starting with the 3500? is it still recommended to go with the 3400 heads for boost? sorry, just find this somewhat odd since i already know the 3500 heads supposedly flow better
              And I just ordered a 3500 to get the "better flowing " top end..............odd in deed.............I am really confused now.

Comment

I'm sure some of it has to do with no aftermarket support for the 3500's yet ie: no FelPro gaskets to port to.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

3400 heads ported for felpro metal LIM gaskets. LIM ported to those gaskets and the metal 3500 upper gasket. 3500 upper intake.

Im not telling you that the 3500 heads and lower suck for boost, but they are not the top dog in this competition.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Just when you think you have it right...........BAM!!.....a bomb drops....DAMNIT !!!

Comment

I think the 3500 heads just need more research and development to become great boost heads.
                      Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                      02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                      www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Im talking to milzy right know I think Im going with his stage 3 heads and he is going to make a S/C cam to compliment my stage 3 heads.... I want some high lift with a mean lope.

Comment

i would still stick with ben on his heads. so far his version of a stage 2 cam and heads are floying and performing with more HP than the stage 2 millzy stuff. I will have some real hp #s to back this up when I get the car fully tuned next week (untuned I am 3 HP from his stage 2 sponsored grand am with all the same mods).

Comment

What is up with you and the milzy stuff? Ben has all of the quality parts at the 60*V6.com Store. I as well as many other members here buy parts from him. You should support the people that give you all of the quality tech advise that you keep asking for.

Comment

I was going to buy milzy parts ( like a cam ) until he told me that you shouldnt need custom length pushrods... and then thatll throw the preload off on the valvetrain and fuck everything up. Not to mention parts are cheaper here...

what more do you need... QUALITY parts that are CHEAPER and better ADVISE
                              sigpic
                              1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                              3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                              1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                              350/NV3500 5spd
                              2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

I need to talk to ben still, but hes not responding, I do want heads from 60*V6, but Milzy has some great stuff. I like his parts. And hes cool, he always ansers my phone calls, and ive only baught 2 things from him, not even that many. But 60* is just as good, I will decide when ben chimes in

Comment

Working...
                                X