3800 Alt Pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monzsta View Post
    Mine's strictly a beater. It has a serious paint delamination going on and I got it for almost nothing.

Why not swap the whole thing? I got my 3400 from Pull-A-Part, it was half hanging out of a 99 Grand Am. The only thing missing was the t/b. 1 hour later it was in the trunk of my Lumina headed home for $150.
    Well, the issue with my area right now is I really doubt I will find a decent 3400 for under $800. Yes I have looked quite a bit, and have yet to find anything below that. The other thing is that the engine got a complete teardown and cleaning about 2 years ago now, and I see no reason to replace a good block. What I think I'm going to do is get the 3400 top swap and keep the 3100 block. Once the 3100 block goes I'm going to get a 3400 shortblock to replace it and hopefully port the heads while I'm at it.

So I guess technically I will be doing a 3400 swap, just in stages spread over a few years.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

Cool. We'll have to compare notes along the way. Do you have a PT yet?
      '97 Chevy Lumina, '99 LA1, ported heads, manifolds, 2 1/2" exhaust, k&n filter, 180* stat, A/C delete, Ram air, 3600 FAFB converter, 4T60E shift kit, DHP Power Tuner, AEM UEGO, MegaSquirt II/Extra

1/8 mile 9.72@75 mph, 2.0 60 foot

Comment

If by PT you mean powertuner, then no, I don't have one yet. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing for tuning the car.

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

Working...
        X