How would you get 250 rwhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    It ran on pump gas and not tuned...for a little bit. I know 11.5 can run on midgrade so 12.4 and premium should be a good push on the limit.
    No KR? I like the sound of that. This means I can just polish my chambers and get away with leaving the high CR

EDIT: Perhaps some DOHC pistons could be in the future for some more N/A testing.

And what's "a little bit"? You mean it ran without a tune, then you tuned it, or something broke?
    Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 10-27-2007, 01:56 AM.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

im in sanford just north of orlando so I have alot of good shops around me. 11.5:1 is awsome and im sure with a cam and a full port match and polish and a custom exhaust with custom headers should get me there and I will probly go with a 65mm TB. I know this engine combo will have better economy because it is OBD2 and will beat the 18mpg city I have now. Any and all info is appreciated and lets keep this going.

Comment

Originally posted by crytical point View Post
        im in sanford just north of orlando so I have alot of good shops around me. 11.5:1 is awsome and im sure with a cam and a full port match and polish and a custom exhaust with custom headers should get me there and I will probly go with a 65mm TB. I know this engine combo will have better economy because it is OBD2 and will beat the 18mpg city I have now. Any and all info is appreciated and lets keep this going.
        as far as shops go, SouthEast performance is in Fla. he has pretty decent prices and does great work
        '86 Grand National

Comment

Originally posted by 34blazer View Post
          as far as shops go, SouthEast performance is in Fla. he has pretty decent prices and does great work
          We have a shop in Deerfield Beach a few CNC machines even.
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

It started and ran 2 miles without a tune. New engine. So until it gets the .bin and flashed, its sitting. Car is in florida and I am in indiana. There was 0KR on the camaro piston setup I tuned. Been a couple engines with those pistons actually.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

you dont need a turbo 3500 to make power but we're not just talking about power, we're talking about reliable power that you can drive everyday and when thats a factor a turbo fits the profile in my opinion because your not gonna end up with some crazy cam or heads with huge, low velocity ports

instead, your going to have an engine that has great road manors and makes power all over

Comment

Sanford!!.....I am in Deltona.........we should compare notes for sure...I will be building a supercharged 3500/3400 hybrid this winter................should be very reliable..

Comment

Yea I had thought of doing a supercharged build on a 3100 with a thunderbird m90 but the pulley interchange and options for the 60v6 will get 15psi+ at like 5k. I have a intercooler and a rebuilt M90 that I am about to port and sell for project money. But yea its nice to have local people to build engines since most of my Fiero club think I don't know anything and they are like 2-3 times my age and don't respect my opinion and the same with my Cosworth club. So far I like the 60V6 and the thirdgen.org forum and you guys are top notch from what I read.

Comment

We will have to get together and share ideas...the members on this board are all about helping and discussing ideas....but....will throw the Bullshit Flag if needed......Ben and Brad are quick to redirect false info to the reality of these powerplants and most of the members here are all about sharing what works as well as admitting to an "F" up when it dosnt go well.........welcome....there is a lot of info on this site so use the search as much as possible.

Cheers

Comment

yea but in defence to the 3.8 head (as ridiculous as it was), There have been engines built using a different engines cyl head from a V8 using yahmaha motorcycle heads to a chevy v8 sporting a set of cosworth vega heads. anything is possible with enough money. But in defence of the forum the 3X00 heads flow enough and have just as much if not more growth than a 3.8. But I will be pricing out the 3400/3.4/3500 engine build because it looks awsome. As for the turbo and the heat issue that a Fiero has in the engine compartment and the heat produced from a turbo is significant, Also the space I have to deal with is smaller than other cars and I would like to maintain what little space I have and keep it simple and clean because I will be hideing as much as possible.

Comment

Full 3500 swap would be cost effective and should reach your 250hp goal. You could do similar mods as Dave's and use a smaller cam to keep it streetable.
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

if you are going to go boosted v6 and want 250+ hp you might as well go with the v8archie kit and install a 350 in it, then you will have a good reliable car with as much if not more power than what you are looking for. plus id say it would probably be easier and cheaper. v8archie.com the kit is like 900 bucks and 350s are REALLY easy to find and cheap as hell to buy. if you are willing to pay for the gas that a 250rwhp mid sized v6 will put out id say a 350 wont do you any worse.

Comment

I should delete you post so as to not make other people dumber.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

swapping in a big heavy V8 VS a nice little V6... Sure it's easy to get 250 Whp from a 350 but the few hundred extra lbs of iron will slow ya down.

stick in a 3500 with a mild cam, that's all you'll need. Tuned propperly you'll hit your goal, and then some.
                              Past Builds;
                              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                              Current Project;
                              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Umm I personally do not do business with archie because his character and holier than art thou attitude pisses me off. Also I could easily build a 400hp V8 out of junk yard parts but I would rather do that with my chevy vega and have a 11 sec 1/4 and not my fiero which is built for handleing. I REALLY like the 3400 block and bottom end, 3500 top end, with 3.4 pistons and I was pricing it out and it is under $1500 with trans and axles. My friend is selling his 88 rx7 with a turboII swap and buying a 80's monte carlo and we are going to build a turbo 350 or 383 because he wants insane power but I had a camaro with a 350 and n2o (1st stage 150, 2nd 250) and the engine put 420ish hp to the wheels and would push down the 1/4 at a consecutive 10sec at over 130mph. I am bored with drag racing and since have started dirt track then to auto X and I hope to get a solid start into SCCA but drag is not hard for me because I average a .7 reaction time then its all up to the car to get it to the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X