No announcement yet.

s10 2.8 build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you bought the Comp cams 260 cam kit you can expect good power up to 5000 RPM. 5500 RMP would be atainable with a descent intake and headers. The more you can make it breathe the better your power will be in the top end. But the old iron heads were made to be work horses they have good low end torque thanks to small runners and the vane in the port floor which helps promote port velocity. Expect to make peak torque around 3000 RPM. I am using the stock 3.4L camaro cam and it pulls very well from 2500 RPM to 4500 RPM after that it starts to die off
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

yea my 2.8l starts making its power around 3000rpm and dies off around 5800. $120 for pistons??? thats dam cheap, id scoop those up in an instant if i was building a motor.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkey View Post
        yea my 2.8l starts making its power around 3000rpm and dies off around 5800. $120 for pistons??? thats dam cheap, id scoop those up in an instant if i was building a motor.
        Just want to get rid of them since I am going with a 3.4 block . Too bad you weren't going to a 3.1, but I know you have those forged pistons already, no need for hypereutectics for you :lol.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

o.k. then i'd be happy to take those pistons off your hands. pm me for payment method and shipping info. thanks a bunch.
          so i put the milk on the conveyer belt and the girl at the cashier says "hello, sir."
          "hello." i say.
          "will that be all?"
          "no, i'd like to buy this."
          -Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by dog_slice View Post
            o.k. then i'd be happy to take those pistons off your hands. pm me for payment method and shipping info. thanks a bunch.
            PM sent. Shipping will be priority, insured, and tracked (in the con. US).The piston on the right is one of them (FWD piston on the left), more on request...
            http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...ebird/pistons/
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              PM sent. Shipping will be priority, insured, and tracked (in the con. US).The piston on the right is one of them (FWD piston on the left), more on request...
              http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...ebird/pistons/
              YGM
              so i put the milk on the conveyer belt and the girl at the cashier says "hello, sir."
              "hello." i say.
              "will that be all?"
              -Steven Wright

Comment

YGM
                ?????
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  ?????
                  you got mail.
                  "hello." i say.
                  "will that be all?"
                  -Steven Wright

Comment

you got mail.
                    And I'll drop them tomorrow if I can get home before 5, other wise will be Thurs (I'll PM you with tracking). Thank-you, and you MUST show what you do with them .

-john
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

cool.

love to show you all some pictures of my slow progress, assuming there is progress. otherwise, you'll have to make due with pictures of me throwing them @ the neighbor's cat.
                      "hello." i say.
                      "will that be all?"
                      -Steven Wright

Comment

cool.

love to show you all some pictures of my slow progress, assuming there is progress. otherwise, you'll have to make due with pictures of me throwing them @ the neighbor's cat.
                        Don't worry, with four kids, my progress is a little less on the hasty side.

Please get video if you throw them at the felines!
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

Working...
                        X