more hp from '95 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more hp from '95 3100

i have a 1995 grand am se with a 3100 and want to add more power, but cant find the parts, so if anyone knows any websites where performance parts are available, it would be great to list them for me.

check out the store here

Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

i did, and do plan to get some things, but there really isnt a great selection

Comment

Originally posted by andrewgrant View Post
        i did, and do plan to get some things, but there really isnt a great selection
        He's got pretty much every thing you'd need..

what other things are you looking for? Intakes and stuff aren't really going to add much.. ported/polished heads, big cams etc.. is where it's at.
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

to be honest, there isnt the big market out therefor these motors like hondas have, so you have to be a bit more resorceful.

whats is the budget??? what is your skil level. going to a 3400 (or 2000+ 3100) heads and intake is going to wake it up a bit. so would a good exaust system or a cam.

Comment

why...because honda need all the power/help they can get.

a true cai is a good start.
            i'm thinking about adding something simular to the "ramair" setup....
            1992 nissan maxima se (190hp/205tQ)

Comment

Full mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust from the manifold back would be good. Go with a high flow cat and a straight through muffler for maximum power. Headers would be good too (not sure if the S&S headers fit that old of a grand am?).
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

S&S headers won't fit for the same reason they won't fit any car other than the 99+ N-bodies. The rear set won't clear the firewall without cutting and bending them. There was a guy on gaownersclub.com that was offering to do the neccessary modification and have them coated but it would have cost up to $700 plus shipping.

The 05 impala 3400 exhaust manifolds are a much more cost effective upgrade. I still need to find a set.

It really sucks that there's not much of an aftermarket for our older cars. But you know what? I still keep finding more ideas that I could do. Mostly thanks to this site.
                1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

this is actually a grand prix, im not sure what i was thinking when i said grand am

Comment

yea your right can do the timing since gm has dis system.
                    you could upgrade the fuel injecton system.

get a upper/lower intake manafold off a 00+ 3100.

Comment

If you have roller fulcrum rockers then the intake swap would be good. Or you can use the 3400 intakes too.

If you don't then you need to clearance the lower intake for your stamped fulcrum rockers. See the image gallery for pics of that stuff.
                      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

S&S headers are suppose to clear the firewall on a 94-96 grand prix. Well that is if you cut the downpipe off at the right spot off of the headers.

I'll be doing this myself in about a month or so
                        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

i have SS headers on my 94 grand prix. they fit without any modifications to the header at all. the only things need modifying are; cut the heat shield a little for clearance, and you need to cut weld the exhaust to fit... the headers cleat the firewall just fine... it takes some patients to get em in though
                          94 Grand Prix
                          3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

okay umm on that stamped falcrum rockers...what the hell is that???

Comment

Working...
                            X